Shelby Is Probably Going To The Bridge Tomorrow At 11 Am.

Oh Jane!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Jane and Shelby }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If it were last week, I would have been there for you like you've been for me.

God speed Shelby, your sister Twisty is waiting for you.

Edited by MP_the4pack

Keeping you and your girl in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Yankeegreyhound

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

When I found my cat Figaro stuck with a toenail in the chair and laying in his own pee and poop, I knew it was time for him. He didn't want that and I could tell it upset him so.

sending many hugs. :grouphug I always believed in the "better a day too early than a day too late" train of thought....

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry Jane. :( Whatever your decision today, my thoughts are with you and Shelby.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I'm so very sorry.

This hits home with us because Orion is nearly 14 and has had hind end weakness issues for years. Of course, the older he gets, the worse its getting. Like Shelby, he's having fecal incontinence issues, and falls occasionally. I fear coming home from work and finding him splayed on the floor unable to rise. :(

Sending prayers and white light. :heart

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Shelby left this world cradled in my arms at about noon today. The vet came to my house and inserted the catheter while I fed Shelby some chicken. True to her food stealing, food obsessed ways she ate until the very end. Aside from the anxiety she always felt when seeing a vet, she went very peacefully. As with my other losses (I lost Shelby's sister, Twister on July 21, 2011 and Joe on April 14, 2012) I will probably wait a year to write my remembrance post. It is just too hard for me now.

Thank you everyone for your responses. They really have helped me.

Jane

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to your beautiful Shelby. It's one of the hardest things to have to go through. :grouphug