Hello From Cleveland Ohio!

Guest Marsroving

Guest Marsroving

Hi everyone! Just figuring out how to navigate this forum! My partner and I are first time greyhound mommies to a beautiful red boy we renamed Mars Rover. We call him Mars Roving when he gets that mischevious twinkle in his eyes and wants to start searching up and down for treats of any kind! His racing name was Brandon Marshal and at Greyhound Adoption of Ohio they christened him Ben. I felt bad changing his name again but figured he never lifted his head to Brandon or Ben so, you know.

We love him dearly, months before bringing Mars into our house I started researching the breed, and what can I say, I was hooked! I was doing outreach for an optometric practice and at the same festival they had a greyhound meet and greet. I'm sure you all know how the rest goes!

We've had Mars since the end of January. He is quite the charmer! Everyone we meet has so many questions, I was really surprised by how much attention he gets!

The only issues we've run into is his skin. It's so terribly thin! Our vet who sees many greys said she's never come across a greyhound with such thin skin, which is really saying something. His sweater was to tight, cut his arms, he ran into a bush chasing a squirrel, his whole leg was a shredded mess that needed almost 20 stitches! He can't go to the dog park anymore for runs because the pebbles they use cause his toes to bled : ( . Ah well, we just take more frequent and longer walks! He's a very active boy and if he doesn't get at least a half hour walk at a time he refuses to come into the house! He becomes a statue and just looks away from the house, hahaha.

I love him to death! We hope to make greyt friends for play dates and I've learned so much from this forum already! My partner and I are looking for a new house so we can add to our pack : ). As soon as I figure this site out I'll post pictures!

Woohooooo another Clevelander!!!!!!!!!! Welcome.... East sider here. Lexie and I would love to meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lexie has very thin skin too. I think most greys do. She cuts her paws too running in our backyard. We have been doing more walks lately since she will be 8 in June. PM me if you want and let me know where u live.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Welcome...I love his name.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Marsroving

OInTA6b.jpg

Lets see if this works. Here is a grainy pic I took with our iPad of Mars crunching an ox tail!

And rshultz ill pm you! We live in tremont so that's pretty close to east Cleveland.

Edited by Marsroving

aweee what a handsome dude. I live in a suburb of Ceveland on the east side not in east Cleveland. :) I tried to pm you but I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you can pm..Just keep posting...lol :)

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

:wave Hello and welcome! Mars is really handsome and I love his name!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Greetings from Florida!! Mars is a handsome baby!! :welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest mom2hounds

Welcome from Youngstown. We also adopted from GAO. Please try to go to Canine Fundays that GAO has in August. It is so much fun.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BuckeyeAmy

I have 2 greys that I adopted from GAO as well! Aren't they a wonderful group? We live in Oak Harbor (30 miles east of Toledo). Congratulations!

Guest Marsroving

Yes that is his "kitty" collar!! LOL all the other dogs in town think its super silly but Mars likes cats more than other dogs! Hs best friend is our fat tabby Frisco. Next time they are sleeping together ill post pics!

Yes that is his "kitty" collar!! LOL all the other dogs in town think its super silly but Mars likes cats more than other dogs! Hs best friend is our fat tabby Frisco. Next time they are sleeping together ill post pics!

I love it!!! Truman's BFF is his Siamese kitty. :colgate

I had a custom collar made for him with this print. We get loads of compliments on it.

il_570xN.303028284.jpg