Blackheads

This is what Slayers look like.BEB145A0-59CE-4418-B877-5F2889F045B7-268

That's what Franny's look like too.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest Gemma

Well, suffice to say I'm a little embarrassed.

I did the same thing with Peyton. Saw a dark raised lump and called my DH over to look at it, only for him to give me a weird look and tell me those are Peyton's nipples. :hehe In my defense, what threw me is how flat and small they are! I've never noticed nipples on a male dog before. LOL

Well, suffice to say I'm a little embarrassed.

Oh it's ok. You could have asked about his olives. :)

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

nope, it wasn't dirt!

good try! but let me see if i still have his devil collar...worn and tattered and torn but it showed his personality(at the time). will pm you if i find it.

Hahahaha! That would be hysterical. :rofl

Guest blueberri

Don't feel bad, my S-I-L and brother decided that their boy jack russel's black nipple was a tick and tried to pull it off with a tweezer and made it bleed!!!

aiiiiieeeeee! Ouch!!!!!

Hey, I'm glad you asked the question, because I would have assumed they were really nasty ingrown hairs. I know my boy has nipples... I just wouldn't have expected them that far down the business end of things.

Can't tell you how often I hear that in our clinic! I had a gentleman literally argue with me-his male dog does not have nipples. I finally broke down and asked him to look down inside his shirt and tell me what he saw---his wife high fived me!!!

To the op-yes, those are nipples :-)

This made me laugh out loud. The mental image of the wife high fiving you is classic.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I asked my vet to remove one!

My angel Peppy had a growing mole on one side -- and i thought while your there, just take this one too -- :)

I don't know who was more embarrassed: my vet for having to explain or me for actually asking

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

The pictures of Slayers are what EZ's blackheads looked like - and my recent foster hound. Both let me squeeze them....

But...uhm.....yeah.....those are nipples!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

My Summer also had them--bad. She was okay with me squeezing them (VERY patient girl, was she!) and eventually I got them all out.

What amazed me was that once I did, she grew a thick layer of fur on her chest and belly, which had previously been bald.

wow, this is weird. The EXACT same thing happened with Nube! he was bare bellied and LOADED with blackheads. I got as many as I could out and then one day, he had fuzzy belly!!! just weird.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest alicefish

I'm laughing at the nipple confusion too! I was also very freaked out when I saw that my male dog had nipples on his... private part.

Anyway, so I'm reading these posts - Dante has blackheads on his chest as well as on his bald thighs.

I'm seeing a consensus of using witch hazel. I've also heard of using acne gel, like benzoyl peroxide.

Thoughs?