Fried Oreos

Guest tsmith1

Guest tsmith1

I took my grey to the North Texas Irish Festival over the weekend to reunite with his foster mom. She does such a great job at fostering and was holding down an adoption booth at the fair, I'm sure it's seeing that their foster greys receive the love they deserve that makes all the hard work worth while.

An Texas being Texas it has to have fried food even at an Irish festival. Naturally my Sherlock was in high prey mode when he saw the Fried Oreos and Fried Snickers. However, my grey learn a valuable lesson in that there are even swifter animals than a greyhound when it comes to fried food. My teenage son and daughter being 5th generation Texans scarfed up those treats before he got to raise his ears. He never stood a chance at getting those bad boys.

IrishNorthTexasFestival2-13B_zpsca00752a

He so wanted that Fried Oreo. I would have broken down and given him a piece if it didn't have chocolate in it. He was successful in snipping a sip of Guinness from me. I thought well he is Irish on his mother line.

IrishNorthTexasFestival2-13A_zps509dd525

poor doggie! oreos have a negligable amount of chocolate in them. you could feed him the occasional one. of course that's less for you.

give him one for me!

good thing he's not scottish, they deep-fry mars bars in batter. also known as 'instant heart attacks'.

deepfri.jpg

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Irish beer for an Irish hound :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

This reminds me, one time Henry ate an entire package of Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates. It was during Christmastime, and not only got the wrapping paper off, he carefully unwrapped the foil from each piece. I panicked, but he ended up being fine. The vet said a dog his size would have to eat A LOT of chocolate to actually get sick.

wow Sherlock is an identical twin to my greyhound! Do you know his racing name?

I think you were wise not to feed him a fried oreo. Not b/c of the choc, but that pic makes MY stomach hurt. Not really safe for dog or human consumption :lol But I bet they are yummy. I haven't had an oreo in years but I admit to loving them.

His racing name is Gable Sonic.

I found this site by Google for his mom Gable Lillian.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=gable+sonic

Original owner was Harlyn Goebel and the trainer was Green Smith.

Ran out of Gulf Greyhound Park in Corpus Christi, TX.

Not that it really matters but your beautiful guy ran at Gulf, which is a good track in Lamarque, near Houston. The crummy track in Corpus Christi is about 250 miles from Gulf. I honestly thought they had closed Corpus.

ETA - Corpus closed in 2007.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

His racing name is Gable Sonic.

I found this site by Google for his mom Gable Lillian.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=gable+sonic

Original owner was Harlyn Goebel and the trainer was Green Smith.

Ran out of Gulf Greyhound Park in Corpus Christi, TX.

looks like they're not related even a little bit :lol It's freaky how much Sherlock looks like Legs in that pic, though. Such handsome boys!! :heart:)

here's Legs' greyhound data pg http://greyhound-data.com/d?0=dummy&i=1699116&gd_session=GXlEla

Oreos are chocolate flavored rather than chocolate, so one Oreo would probably be OK. I don't share my Oreos with my hounds, but when it comes to Oreos, I don't share well at all :D

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

My grey is a booze hound. If he can reach it, he will drink it.

:lol So is Buddy - but only wine. If I have friends over and we have wine in the living room I serve it in coffee mugs - not chic but practical. :blush You leave a wine glass unsupervised 30 seconds around here and it is knocked over.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest Celestrina

:lol So is Buddy - but only wine. If I have friends over and we have wine in the living room I serve it in coffee mugs - not chic but practical. :blush You leave a wine glass unsupervised 30 seconds around here and it is knocked over.

In our house you have to keep an eye on your beer. Not because of Angie, but because of our ferret Delilah.

In our house you have to keep an eye on your beer. Not because of Angie, but because of our ferret Delilah.

Bu loves it all. Wine, beer, rum and juice, vodka and red bull. Somewhere I have a picture of him trying to get the last drops from am empty Mikes bottle. Even funnier since his racing name was Mike Needs Gas.

Guest TheModernMutt

Mmmmm...fried oreos!

I missed the State Fair this last year. I think the year before we went, but I had the fried bacon and fried frito pie then. The year before that I think I had the fried cheesecake.