Supplements

cristar

I have not tried Docsblend hair of the dog. I use Fresh Factors and Joint Health supplements from Springtimeinc.com and have had greyt results. I also use their Joint Health Capsules for people. I have been using these supplements for about 10 years.

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Thanks Grey8greys,

I'm looking for something that will promote hair growth. The Docsblend is slowly but surely doing the job but there's such a high (40%)

fat content in it that she's gaining a ton of weight and I don't want to have to cut back her food just so she can grow hair on her bald

heinie.

Guest BiancasMom

I use Docsblend and have used it for almost 4 years. It made my grey's coat healthier and she has less dandruff. She even grew some fuzz on her bum. I have not noted any weight gain. She gets 2 tablespoons in the morning and one at night.

Iceland Pure Salmon Oil and 3 mg of melatonin, turned my bald boy Carl into the greyhound Sasquatch. I only give him the melatonin 2-3x a week now for maintenance, he gets the Iceland Pure with each meal. He's bunny soft. One caveat: it seems like certain brands of melatonin work for specific dogs, I've tried at least 4 brands and the one that works for Carl like a fast acting Chia pet is Nature's Bounty, which I buy at Target.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

If she's gaining a lot of weight, I'd cut back on the food amount. Depending on her size and activity level, she might need only @ 2.5 cups/day of that particular food to maintain.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks Grey8greys,

I'm looking for something that will promote hair growth. The Docsblend is slowly but surely doing the job but there's such a high (40%)

fat content in it that she's gaining a ton of weight and I don't want to have to cut back her food just so she can grow hair on her bald

heinie.

Fresh Factors, Longevity etc. do promote hair growth. I've used Springtimes remarkable products for at least 20 years for me and my dogs and like the above poster, have been not just satisfied but amazed at their efficacy.

I have not tried Docsblend hair of the dog. I use Fresh Factors and Joint Health supplements from Springtimeinc.com and have had greyt results. I also use their Joint Health Capsules for people. I have been using these supplements for about 10 years.

Ditto here!!!!!!!!!!

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest grey_dreams
Has anyone on here ever tried Docsblend hair of the dog?

Are you still going to try Docsblend? If you do, could you please let us know your results with it? :)

I will continue to use it for a while. I had just bought 3 more lbs. of it so I'll try cutting

back on the supplement - maybe 1 1/2 teaspoons per day instead of the tablespoon per day that she's

been getting and cut back a little on her food and see what happens. If she continues to gain, I'll

stop the Docsblend and go with the Fresh Factors.

Funny thing guys, out of all the greys we've had, I've never had to worry about one being too

heavy! She's the first broodie we've ever had and I gotta tell ya all, it surely won't be the last.

I just love her to pieces!

I'll let you know how it's going.

Thanks for all your help.

:)

grey8greys, on 28 Feb 2013 - 18:53, said:

I have been using Fresh Factors and Joint Health for about 4 years and am very happy with them. My almost 12 year old Peace does not limp or seem stiff when she gets up from a nap. Great supplements!