What Are These Bumps?

Guest got2now

Guest got2now

Our new greygirl has these weird bumps on one bald thigh. I have been using 2% salacytic acid once a day for one month, but it doesn't help. They have a hard center and not much comes out if you pop them Any idea whatthese are and how to get rid of them? Thanks.

<div style=

Edited by got2now

Can't see pics....but a lot of hounds come from the track with clogged pours...Our EZ gets (even all these years later), little sebacious cysts.....

It may be that's the side she would lie on....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

There really are a lot of them! Do they bother her at all, i.e. itchy?

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Could they be pimples?

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

My current foster had severe flea dermatitis when we first got him (about 3 months ago) and he was completely bald in that area. After the dermatitis cleared up he got the same bumps in that same area. I washed them with an antibacterial soap about 3x's a week and it is starting to clear up and the hair is growing back somewhat...I think he's going to be a bald butt :) .... Maybe she has some sort of irritation for the kennel.

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest 2dogs4cats

no she doesn't bother them. It seems like the salacytic acid would have worked on warts.

a 2% solution wouldn't be strong enough to get rid of warts. I would ask the vet

I have no idea what it is, but Carl developed some weird and ugly bumps on nose, ear, leg. Homeopathic vet gave us Thuja pellets, 2 pellets every other day. It took a few months, but they cleared up. I keep him on 2 pellets 2x a week to keep them away. You can find Thuja pellets (little white balls) in a health store like Whole Foods or Sprouts. It's cheap, too. Just put the two pellets in between the dog's cheek and gum so it dissolves in her mouth. Don't mix in with food.

Here's a link to exactly what I use on Amazon.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I've been wanting to know what they are too! My grey that I adopted in March has the same thing all over both his thighs and he's almost completely bald on his back legs, all the way down,Definitely NOT one of the prettiest greyhounds I've owned, but I love him anyway. Oh, and his skin color is almost black,in fact, it does turn black if he's out in the sun for any length of time.

Guest got2now

It's curious that they only occur on one side. Her other thigh is bald too but there's not one little bump on that side. She doesn't seem to favor that side either when she's lying down.

My girl had those when I first adopted her but they were only on her stomach. In our case, they look almost identical, and they are just black heads. When she's super relaxed I roll her over and squeeze them out till she's had enough. Her whole tummy was bald before and COVERED in blackheads but in six years I've gotten it down quite a bit.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.