Low Platelet Count For Lacy - And Getting Lower

Guest OurLacyandJax

Anil and Janie,

I have been following this and your emails to us, I am so sorry :bighug Lacy is a very lucky girl to have both of you.

Lisa (gcmo)

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest OurLacyandJax

She's gone. She went peacefully at around 7:05 AM, We both were with her at her end. She had her head cradled in my wife's arms when she fell asleep, with me holding her arms and petting her.

Just devastating. But it was the right thing for her. The bleeding never stopped - just very slow drips. And she somehow managed to give us the sign early in the morning itself, so my wife could be there for her in the end. (Wife's got patients at her PT practice - so she cannot just get out, unlike me, who's thankful for a lot of things, including a dog loving boss).

She was the most thoughtful and intelligent creature I/we have known. And she was super nice without even trying, playful without being mean, and showed a thing or two about patience to this rather impatient man. She hated thunderstorms, while my other boy couldn't care less. He is terrified of the trash can opening it's mouth though.

We will miss her, along with all our family.

I also want to take the time to thank you, my friends, for all your help and assistance. You made it a lot easier, and made me think so much clearer each time I/we were bogged down.

OSU and our vets were outstanding in what they found, and what they could do for her. And I will be in here of course, helping others as much as I can.

I'm very sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Your girl was lucky to have you and your wife in her corner.

Run with the angels, sweet pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry you had to say good-bye to your lovely girl.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I am so very sorry. You did everything you could for your girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry to read this. I had been following her story & hoping she'd be lucky. But she was lucky every day she was with you & that is a precious gift. I wish you all peace & strength.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Thanks all - just the last video of Lacy made just 20 days ago..Looking at her then, it is still hard to digest she is gone.

https://plus.google....537172587893602

That was her, her playful self.

What an incredibly lovely girl :brokenheart .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest OurLacyandJax

Thank you. Her passing was indeed peaceful. She was calm, she could breathe through her rather stuffed nostrils, and we said our good byes rather quickly, and held her while she went..The vets there were wonderful, and they gave her and us a lot of affection.

In all honesty, I could not have asked for anything better, other than wanting her for two more years, not for me, but for my wife who lost her dad like 8-9 weeks ago. But it was not to be.

Thanks all - just the last video of Lacy made just 20 days ago..Looking at her then, it is still hard to digest she is gone.

https://plus.google....537172587893602

That was her, her playful self.

What a beautiful girl. This shows just how quickly life can change so make everyday with your pups the best you can even when you're having a bad day. Again so very sorry she is gone.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.