Miles Dental Tomorrow :( Update Post 1

Please think of my Mister Miles tomorrow that all goes well for his dental.

he's not going to have many teeth left.

Any suggestions what to feed him after

Thanks

Just got a call from the vet's office. Miles did a greyt job :):beatheart

He is starting to wake up. They pulled out a few teeth, but only small ones.

He's comming homw tonight. I'm going to get him after work :yay :yay :yay

Edited by Shirley44

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

I added water to the kibble, nuked it for about 30 seconds and let it sit for a while and it softened. I also got canned food for the first day and I think I forgot to use it. The kibble gets really mushy. I fed mushy kibble for a week or so.

I will be in and out tomorrow and work a few hours, but keep me posted. I always worry like crazy until they are home and safely recovering.

Give him a gentle hug from aunt sue

Howie the dachshund had a dental and has only two teeth remaining, two canines. He still eats everything.

Edited by dex95lucy

Mister Miles, prayers all goes well and you'll have a fabulous smile! :D

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

No suggestions on the feeding, but jsut sending good thoughts for Mr. Miles. I am going to have to take Zuri in for a dental next month - it will be my first time and I'm terrified even though I know there's no reason to be so I understand your worry. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

FYI, if he's having a lot of extractions, you might ask about putting him on Amicar. This is OSU's standard protocol now, but you have to get it from a human pharmacy and it may be tough to find a place that has it in stock so you'd need to look into it immediately. OSU will send you their protocol if you email them.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Update on Miles, please. Samlur having his dental as we speak.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

So glad all went well for your boy :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytkidsmom

We either buy small-breed kibble (tiny pieces) or just pulse regular kibble in the blender or food processor until it becomes a powder then mix with lots of water.