Trooper Aka Gallantry - I Am Heartbroken Today

Guest kellybrown

Guest kellybrown

It's been many months since I have been on Greytalk, but I wanted to share some news. I know there are many more people here going through the same thing. Found out today that Trooper probably has bone cancer. My vet would only say 60% chance, but we are meeting with an Oncologist on Wednesday next week. I have cried all day. He is the sweetest, best boy ever. He never gets into anything, just a happy, happy boy. The x-ray shows a dark spot on the femur and when the vet was feeling around, there was an indention in the bone about the size of his thumb. He just started limping a few weeks ago. I thought he might have pulled something because he slipped on the hardwood floors. But something told me it was not good. Tonight my husband and I have put down carpet runners all over the house so he won't slip again. I guess he could have a break if he falls. I will update after our visit next week. I hate cancer. Its all around me. 2 people I know were buried in the last 2 weeks from cancer and 5 more people I know are having chemotherapy.

Guest undergreysspell

I am so sorry you are dealing with such tragedy in your life and wish you the best. I will pray for you and your family to have strength for you and your sweet Trooper .

I am sorry. There are options that can provide your sweet boy with some good quality time with you if you so choose. Whether it be amputation and chemo or palliative care, there are options. I suggest you get in touch with OSU and weigh what are best for you and Trooper. Good thoughts for your boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh man. :( sending you strength. Going through this is heartbreaking. Definitely talk with OSU.

Sending gentle hugs and smoochies to Trooper.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Prayers. Glad you put the runners down. My bridge anger Psi snapped his femur by sliding on my floor. He had bone cancer but I never knew. He was limping did X-rays ( just not high enough on the leg so bet just thought it was a strain.)

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

:goodluck

Perhaps the oncologist will disagree. But whatever happens, I hope you and Trooper have lots of good days ahead.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I hope you have many good days together.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross