Need Immediate Advice - Violet Gorged On Treats

Jen, There's cartoon posted on Facebook. A dog is telling the cat: "Today I ate two bowls of dog food, a sandwich crust, some spaghetti that fell on the floor, half of your cat food, a wet tea bag, three bugs and the inside of a sneaker. How many grams of fat is that?" I immediately thought of your household...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

glad she's doing ok!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Jen, There's cartoon posted on Facebook. A dog is telling the cat: "Today I ate two bowls of dog food, a sandwich crust, some spaghetti that fell on the floor, half of your cat food, a wet tea bag, three bugs and the inside of a sneaker. How many grams of fat is that?" I immediately thought of your household...

:lol That is so Skye actually. Except you'd have to add some chicken bones from our walk, several tissues, and at least a few bits of rubber from a Cuz ball and/or some threads or bits of fabric from some stuffies. :lol

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

See aren't you glad you didn't worry. :rotfl

sounds like violet has the same cast iron stomach that both emily and nicole(the borzoi) had. some dogs are just garbage hounds. i used to swear that emily could eat ground up tires and never get sick! just make sure you don't have a touch latch on your pantry. that's how emily used to raid the food- nose to door- touch and push...voila...a pantry full of goodies! nicole opened doors- turned knobs all the time! smart girlie dogs w/ big appetities out there!

You say that as if I'm not still worried. :lol I will stop worrying when she has returned totally to normal thankyouverymuch. :P I'm also heading out of town. I postponed leaving until tomorrow morning, but that's not helping my worry.

sounds like violet has the same cast iron stomach that both emily and nicole(the borzoi) had. some dogs are just garbage hounds. i used to swear that emily could eat ground up tires and never get sick! just make sure you don't have a touch latch on your pantry. that's how emily used to raid the food- nose to door- touch and push...voila...a pantry full of goodies! nicole opened doors- turned knobs all the time! smart girlie dogs w/ big appetities out there!

My whole kitchen is gated off, much easier. I'm an idiot for leaving these treats on the dining room table. I actually think she's not worse off because of her raw diet.

We still have liquid poo, but she didn't go out all day. Just went a second time again a few blocks into our walk. She has still seemed uncomfortable all day though. I'm about to feed her for the first time. :goodluck

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest kkaiser104

My parents dogs and Teddi did a similar thing--the three of them ate 30-40 bones. Liquid poops for a few days and they're all fine. Good luck!

You say that as if I'm not still worried. :lol I will stop worrying when she has returned totally to normal thankyouverymuch. :P I'm also heading out of town. I postponed leaving until tomorrow morning, but that's not helping my worry.

No, no, I figured you were still worrying, hence my laughing dude. :P

So I'm back in town - sitters reported small rawhide pieces in (still runny) stool yesterday. Today they said it was soft, but came out basically formed but as soon as we got home from picking her up, she had a nice big squirt. Is it normal that we're still seeing the effects of this? I've been feeding her a bland diet since...

She is otherwise acting completely normal, so I'm not really worried, just looking to reassure myself a bit more.