Yukon Chelsa 13 Apr. 2002 - 26 Apr. 2012

Guest FullMetalFrank

Robbie, I'm so so sorry. I wish I had more comforting words, our thoughts are with you and Gene at this time.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I missed this somehow :ohno

I am so terribly sorry. Thinking of you both :grouphug :grouphug

Rest well sweet Chelsa. :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious baby. She was a beauty.

:gh_run Run with the angels sweet Chelsa :gh_run

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest LindsaySF

I'm sorry. :( I remember reading about her coursing and how much she loved it. She had a great life with you!

I am so very sorry, she was beautiful, Godspeed Chelsea.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FullMetalFrank

Last Saturday, during our lure coursing trial, they did a special "Running of the 4th Hound" to celebrate the lives of coursing hounds who had passed during the year; we placed some of Chelsa's ashes on the bag and watched as she went around one last time; tiny puffs of her ashes could be seen as she went around the corners.... I held a photo of her, from her 10th birthday, and Gene clutched her special Chanel collar I'd made for her. I can hardly even describe it even now, without a flood of tears. I can only hope it was a fitting Remembrance for a dog who was so incredibly special; I miss you, every day I miss you... If you can hear me, send us a sign, please, sweety?

I love you...

Momma

Edited by FullMetalFrank

:cry1 What a lovely way to honor your special girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

It brings tears to my eyes just reading about it...what a lovely way to honour her.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest FullMetalFrank

D@mn it I miss her so much... Tomorrow it will be a month. It hurts; almost more than I can bear. It always hurts; every time I have lost a hound I swear it can't get any worse; but this little one really did a number on me when she sneaked into my home and my heart and my... life! She was Gene's girl; sure she was. He was the one who wanted a girl. Yep. I'll just stick with my big boy hounds... So if he was the one I was worried about; "how will he get on with her gone?" then why am I sitting here in a puddle of tears because a favorite picture came up on my screen? Why does every art project I try to do eventually end up with angel wings and Chelsa and clouds and me, in tears? Why can't I get over feeling so cheated by the unseen evil that took her from me? Why couldn't I save her? :weep

Chelsa used to nuzzle her little head into my neck when we slept; sometimes... Other times she'd whack me in the face with her paw because I was taking up too much of HER down pillow. And she could whack really hard! There was no in-between with her. She was all in, all the time. If she was napping, it was an Olympic event. That was what her life was like. And when she got sick, she couldn't do things her way anymore. I would have been happy to be her nursemaid for how ever many years if she could have held on; but that was not Chelsa's way. I guess, this time, what I wanted really didn't matter at all; and maybe that is why I am struggling so much with this. She and I were just alike; stubborn and used to getting things the way we wanted them. Not that she wanted to leave us; but she was unwilling to compromise and so ready to go, when it was time. Dear God, I hope I have an ounce of her courage when it's my time.

I love you, Chelsada Tostada, my sweet little bean head; take care of the boys, I will keep Daddy safe and make sure NonBon and Jewels don't ever steal your special place (that's a joke, little one, like that could ever happen.) And don't worry, I'll take good care of them, too. I hope to have many stories to tell, when I see you.

{{{{{Robbie}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.