First Time Grey Parents!

Guest ndgrey

Hello everyone, since adopting our first greyhound a month ago I've found so much insight and information on this forum that I figured it was time to register.

My husband and I are in our early twenties and have wanted a grey for several years, and it just recently worked out for us to finally adopt. We found our big fawn brindle boy in Nebraska and trucked him all the way back to North Dakota; we later decided that Salvatore, or Sal for short, sounded just right for his new name. He's been an absolute joy so far, so correctable and eager to please! We're really excited for the coming months when his personality will really start to shine.

I'm so glad to be here! Being several hours from the nearest track means that we might be one of the few or possibly the only greyhound in town- I feel like we're part of a super secret club! :)

It would appear that photos hosted on facebook are not allowed, so I'll work on getting some pics!

Edited by ndgrey

I think Sarah Snavely is in North Dakota. I know it's a big state but you may not be the only one here on GT from ND. And welcome from Ontario...glad you joined.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest thecoyotesgrin

Welcome from Hamburg, PA - but used to be Lansdale, PA - and will be Wilmington, DE!

I am a young early twenties potential adopter, when me and The Boy move in together, too!

All I need now is to get the apartment and get to work finding the furry love of my life!

Good luck to you!

Guest DragonflyDM

Congrats! Do you know his racing name?

You can upload a pic to photobucket.com, then you click on the image link, copy it and paste it here.

First...welcome. I am totally new as well and this is a great forum. But I have a question-- how do you find his racing name again if you forgot it? Mine was something like "Kwon ___ Nick" but I thought that it would be sort of odd to talk about his racing days with people now that he was a pet--- but lots of grey owners keep asking me about his career. I know my grey ran 100 races and won 28, but that is it.

Welcome! Congrats on adopting Sal, you will find Greys are awesome pups.

First...welcome. I am totally new as well and this is a great forum. But I have a question-- how do you find his racing name again if you forgot it? Mine was something like "Kwon ___ Nick" but I thought that it would be sort of odd to talk about his racing days with people now that he was a pet--- but lots of grey owners keep asking me about his career. I know my grey ran 100 races and won 28, but that is it.

You should be able to look at your pups tattoos in his ears and then check www.greyhound-data.com.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thank you so much for all the warm welcomes! Here are a few shots of Sal via photobucket (thanks for the recommendation), though I apologize that the quality isn't excellent; our iPod is unfortunately more convenient to grab than the dslr.

salvatore.jpg

sal.jpg

sal3.jpg

sal2.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Welcome to Greytalk! :wave You've got a very handsome fella! :wub:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.