Gotcha Wiggles!

Guest OurIndy

Guest OurIndy

Hi everyone! I posted a few days ago about my 2nd dog anxieties and got lots of wonderful support, so here is the update as promised!

So we went to Greyhound Friends to get Wiggles yesterday afternoon. I got to meet zombrie/Brie (thank you so much for taking such beautiful pictures, she looks like such a wild child in them!) and reintroduce Indiana and Wiggles. The reintroduction went great and we were so excited to take our little girl home!

First things first, as per the rules (apologies for bad quality, all taken on a phone, in low light, and she's only in her crate in the house for now):

The little miss this morning in the snow:

wigglessnow.jpg

In the car on the way home (she stepped on/fell on Indy the whole ride home and he didn't make a peep)

wigglesbasket.jpg

Sibling bonding even during crate training

indywiggles.jpg

Taking the requisite neutral territory walk

wigglesindyfield.jpg

Relaxing morning in bed

wigglesroach.jpg

Our little girl is at once perfect (snuggly, full of piss and vinegar, chatty, tolerant) and a little difficult (serious case of happy tail, chewing at her spay sutures, vocal). All in all, she's a delight to have in our home and she's taking all these big changes in stride. We're ecstatic about our new girl and Indy seems to love her too which was the whole point!

Last order of business, naming. We're pretty sure we'd like to change it (probably still using Wiggles as a nickname because, well, it's all she does). We're thinking about the names Piper, Winny, Kit, Olive, Eliza, and some other I think I'm forgetting. Any one have any favorites or ideas for names for a crazy little tom-boy with a lot to say?

Guest PhillyPups

OMG she is stunning :beatheart

I absolutely love the name Wiggles, it makes me giggle to read it. I would keep that name, as everyone WILL know who she is. Just my opinion, but it is such a cute and unique name.

But, then, I kept Moe for my little girl. :lol

She is adorable!! And I kinda like Wiggles too ... sounds like that actually describes her pretty well. I am no help ... what was her racing name?

Congrats on bringing her home! :confetti

Beautiful girl....I really like the name Piper!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest OurIndy

DevilDog: IT IS KIT FROM "A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!" Sorry I just got so excited, but I love that you got the reference. It was my dream when I was younger to have two girl dogs named "Kit" and "Dottie" but for them to be more genial with each other than in the film :lol

On the naming front:

We love the name Wiggles too but I sort of have a thing about naming pets real people names (I think from having too many friends with animals named Spot and Mugsy and Rover etc). Also she's so dainty and pretty that I would like her to have a name that is definitely female. She's so vocal that we think that Piper might be fitting. That said, Wiggles does sort of seem to be sticking.....I wish we could just have her choose somehow!

She's very cute! I love the long neck.

I too like the name Wiggles. Be careful about naming a dog Piper--right after I named my Piper, she proved the aptness by spending a morning at the vet clinic singing the house down. :lol

Whatever you call her, Congratulations!!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:confetti Congratulations :confetti

I *love* the name Wiggles- it is such a cute and unusual name!

Kit is a really, really cute name too, so if you always wanted a dog with that name- go with it!

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

You may not have a choice. I didn't want to name mine Pete. It stuck.

He was called Pete around the Track, and in his first moments in my home DBF waggled his ears and yelled "It's Petey!" After that, well, Vets ask for their names, you have to register them places, and somehow Pete it was, afterall.

So personally, I think you may wind up embracing the name Wiggles.

That said, Piper is a name that comes with a lot of panache. There have been some wonderful dogs named Piper on GT. It's got good vibrations and good karma.

Guest Garwood

taken on a phone, in low light

The little miss this morning in the snow:

wigglessnow.jpg

No, this is a good picture. If I tilt my screen a little, a the color washes out and I just see Wiggles' silhouette.

I was outside one night, wrangling trashcans in the dark. My neighbor walked by and asked, "Is that your new dog looking out the window?"

"Yeah, that's him."

"Why did you get a Doberman? I thought you were getting a greyhound."

I turned and looked. All you could see were his shoulders and head. His ears were up He did look like a Doberman.

I'm so happy for you!!!!

I like Winny.... Then you could call her Winny Wiggles.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.