Pinky Pupdate

Pinky is now one week post-amputation surgery. She is doing really well and getting around great! She had a second bandage change today with the surgeon - everyone at the office was so happy to see her come hopping in without my help this time!

The lymphatic fluid that was present in her leg is now mostly gone and her bruising has mostly subsided.

My brother came over to visit her yesterday, so I took a couple of short videos of her. In both she is looking for places to go potty, so she's not moving as quickly as she usually does when she's just enjoying the weather.

Her staples come out next Monday and once we get the pathology report back on her bone, we will get the ball rolling for her chemo treatments to begin.

Without further ado, the videos:

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af74/krissn333/Pinky/?action=view&current=5125d158.mp4

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af74/krissn333/Pinky/?action=view&current=0cdacd95.mp4

And a cute picture:

029e9826.jpg

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh dear! Look at that face! SWEEEEEEEET!

So happy she's doing well! :yay

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest greyers

Omg!! She is doing so fabulous!!! Wow. Way to go pinky and kris and grandma and everyone involved! :rollin

I got misty eyed watching the vids. Wondering if we made the right choice with both our osteo dogs by NOT choosing the amp/ chemo route. I guess you do what you think is best at the time and knowing how difficult it would be to negotiate all of the stairs and hills we did what we felt best.

Way to go. Loving watching this girls progress. The day I started revisiting greytalk after many years hiatus, was around the same time you were just getting pinky's bad news. So this has really been a neat story for me to follow from the beginning.

You are doing an amazing job with her and you should be proud of yourself too!

Omg!! She is doing so fabulous!!! Wow. Way to go pinky and kris and grandma and everyone involved! :rollin

I got misty eyed watching the vids. Wondering if we made the right choice with both our osteo dogs by NOT choosing the amp/ chemo route. I guess you do what you think is best at the time and knowing how difficult it would be to negotiate all of the stairs and hills we did what we felt best.

Way to go. Loving watching this girls progress. The day I started revisiting greytalk after many years hiatus, was around the same time you were just getting pinky's bad news. So this has really been a neat story for me to follow from the beginning.

You are doing an amazing job with her and you should be proud of yourself too!

Thank you :blush

Never second guess yourself and the choices you've made. You have to play the hand you're dealt and for every hand, there are several ways to play. We really went "all in" with Pinky, but, had to play a more conservative hand with Sutra. Every case is different.

We're lucky in that we have NO stairs at all (house is built on a slab). If we had lots of stairs to consider, our decision may have been different. In Pinky's case, I think she could negotiate some stairs, but not a lot of them.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

wow...she is rocking it! Pinky looks fantastic! I'm so happy for you two. and of course she looks greyt in pink. and that face, wow how easy it would be to fall in love with that.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Just some extra encouragement, we did a fun run at our reunion this past weekend and a tripod ran. She ran at 28mph I believe. Not bad considering that the course was only 90 feet long and most hounds were barely breaking 32-35mph.

She's looking sooo good and so happy. Kudos to you and yours. Is she still on any pain meds at this time? I've never gone through this, I chose not to amp with my osteo boyz.

Ethan, she's just on Deramaxx right now - 50mg once a day :)

Pinky looks so fantastic, I can't believe it's only about a week since her surgery! I love her sprightly hopping. She still reminds me a lot of Twiggy, they have the same build and attitude.

Just some extra encouragement, we did a fun run at our reunion this past weekend and a tripod ran. She ran at 28mph I believe. Not bad considering that the course was only 90 feet long and most hounds were barely breaking 32-35mph.

Hi, Chad - that was Twiggy! In addition to the course being a bit short, she had already been on her (3) feet for 3 hours (an hour a foot :lol )! She's the same one who ran 37 mph 3 weeks earlier at the GPA event. (see Run, Run, Fun Run if you missed it) I have a bit better quality video of this latest run if anyone wants to see it... Several people at the GO reunion asked me if I'd heard about the tripod who recently ran 37 mph (why, yes - I did...)

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming of saying YOU ROCK, PINKY!!!!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Was there another tripod there-a rear leg amputee?

I heard that they weren't allowing dogs over the age of 7 to run, so my entire hound family would be disqualified :( Ace and Fritz are 10 and if they witnessed a fun run happening, they would FLIP OUT wanting to get in there!

Not sure how Pinky would react...when she is wound up, she and Ace chase each other in the yard, so she'd probably need Ace to get her to do the fun run :lol

We are planning to sleep in the bedroom tonight for the first time since Pinky came home (which was one week ago today).

We received a very special gift today-I will start a thread in EEG about it but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Guest greyers

Pinky looks so fantastic, I can't believe it's only about a week since her surgery! I love her sprightly hopping. She still reminds me a lot of Twiggy, they have the same build and attitude.

Hi, Chad - that was Twiggy! In addition to the course being a bit short, she had already been on her (3) feet for 3 hours (an hour a foot :lol )! She's the same one who ran 37 mph 3 weeks earlier at the GPA event. (see Run, Run, Fun Run if you missed it) I have a bit better quality video of this latest run if anyone wants to see it... Several people at the GO reunion asked me if I'd heard about the tripod who recently ran 37 mph (why, yes - I did...)

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming of saying YOU ROCK, PINKY!!!!

This totally cracked me up!!!! :lol Man twiggy is awesome!

Yeah for sleeping in the bedroom! Go pinky!

Was there another tripod there-a rear leg amputee?

I heard that they weren't allowing dogs over the age of 7 to run, so my entire hound family would be disqualified :( Ace and Fritz are 10 and if they witnessed a fun run happening, they would FLIP OUT wanting to get in there!

Not sure how Pinky would react...when she is wound up, she and Ace chase each other in the yard, so she'd probably need Ace to get her to do the fun run :lol

We are planning to sleep in the bedroom tonight for the first time since Pinky came home (which was one week ago today).

We received a very special gift today-I will start a thread in EEG about it but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yes, there was - Gary (nearly all white). I talked to his person, Wayne, and have been in contact with him since. Gary is on a metronomic protocol including Palladia, and I'm interested in what protocols are out there.

Regarding age limit on the run, I didn't hear one, and they didn't ask how old Twiggy is, but since Twiggy just turned 7, I guess she was OK. I would have understood if they didn't let me run her because of being "compromised", but they did (and at least one of the people working the run knew about her GPA run a few weeks ago) - I wouldn't have let her if I'd had any misgivings about it. I do know my wild & crazy girl, after all!

I can't wait to hear about Pinky's special gift, and yay for sleeping in the bedroom!

(edited for clarity)

Edited by TwiggysMom

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties