13.5 Yr. Old Greyhound Will Not Eat

Guest lunabelle

What a stunning girl! Thank you for sharing her picture. Wishing strength and peace to your family. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful girl! She's had a wonderful life with you, almost 11 years ... that is amazing. She knows how much you love her and she'll be in your hearts forever. I'll be thinking of Luna tomorrow as you and your husband help her on her way.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Our Luna early last fall I so appreciate your kind words. Like so many other greys, Luna gave us far more over the almost 11 years we had her than we gave her. Particularly unquestioning love and trust.

Luna is stunningly beautiful. Thank you for sharing that special photo with us.

Oh Mary, I'm so very sorry. Prayers of strength for you all during this most difficult time. Luna you, and your husband will be in our caring thoughts on Wednesday.

What a beautiful girl. I am so sorry that you haven't been able to get her to eat. You will be in my thoughts as you travel this final path with your girl. I hope you continue to progress from your stroke, too. Many hugs.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest KennelMom

I'm so sorry :grouphug Dr. Fisher is a wonderful vet...he treated our dogs before we moved to SC and he has a very extensive greyhound practice so he knows the breed very well. I know the frustration of trying to get a pup to eat when they won't. We recently said goodbye to our Stella Blue for the same reason.

Guest greyers

Mary

I am so very sorry to hear about Luna and about you. Seems your family has gone through some tough times recently. Take comfort in knowing you gave Luna an amazing home and she knew she was loved. She felt it. May you and your husband find peace in your decision. And continue that therapy!! I work in physical rehab as a therapist with stroke patients and I know the determination and strength it takes to be where you are. May that strength continue to lead you through your recovery and through the difficult times you are facing. :grouphug

Our Luna early last fall I so appreciate your kind words. Like so many other greys, Luna gave us far more over the almost 11 years we had her than we gave her. Particularly unquestioning love and trust.

What a BEAUTIFUL happy girl. Contented in her life. 11 years is amazing! And she was so lucky to know a single loving family for so many years. Wishing you and your husband comfort and peace today.

Guest lunabelle

:grouphug God bless you & your husband and Luna. Praying that the Good Shepherd helps all of you to find love and peace amid this horrible storm.

Thank you so much. This is so very, very hard. I just have to believe that St. Francis is waiting for Luna at the far side of The Bridge.

Mary :crying

Guest lunabelle

Luna is stunningly beautiful. Thank you for sharing that special photo with us.

Oh Mary, I'm so very sorry. Prayers of strength for you all during this most difficult time. Luna you, and your husband will be in our caring thoughts on Wednesday.

Thank you ever so much. I feel like my heart's being cut out of me but know this is now the best thing to do for Luna.

Mary

I am so very sorry to hear about Luna and about you. Seems your family has gone through some tough times recently. Take comfort in knowing you gave Luna an amazing home and she knew she was loved. She felt it. May you and your husband find peace in your decision. And continue that therapy!! I work in physical rehab as a therapist with stroke patients and I know the determination and strength it takes to be where you are. May that strength continue to lead you through your recovery and through the difficult times you are facing. :grouphug

What a BEAUTIFUL happy girl. Contented in her life. 11 years is amazing! And she was so lucky to know a single loving family for so many years. Wishing you and your husband comfort and peace today.

Luna was indeed contented in her life and we know we're very lucky she lived to be 13.5 though somehow that's little consolation today.

Mary :weep

Guest lunabelle

I'm so sorry :grouphug Dr. Fisher is a wonderful vet...he treated our dogs before we moved to SC and he has a very extensive greyhound practice so he knows the breed very well. I know the frustration of trying to get a pup to eat when they won't. We recently said goodbye to our Stella Blue for the same reason.

Joel is indeed a fabulous vet and every time he saw Luna, he kissed her head. I'm so sorry you lost your girl under similar circumstances we've faced with Luna. Many thanks for your kind words. We've loved this sweet girl so very much.

Guest lunabelle

What a beautiful girl! She's had a wonderful life with you, almost 11 years ... that is amazing. She knows how much you love her and she'll be in your hearts forever. I'll be thinking of Luna tomorrow as you and your husband help her on her way.

Thank so much. Luna :angel deserved everything and more that we were happy to give her since she came to live with us in early 2002.

Mary :crying:brokenheart

Guest lunabelle

What a beautiful girl. I am so sorry that you haven't been able to get her to eat. You will be in my thoughts as you travel this final path with your girl. I hope you continue to progress from your stroke, too. Many hugs.

I so appreciate your kind words here. We have so loved Luna.

Guest lunabelle

I'm sorry Luna's journey with you is coming to an end; she's stunningly beautiful.

Supportive hugs to you all.

Thank you so much. We thought Luna :angel was a gorgeous creature from the moment we first saw her get off the transport truck from Florida at the Greyhound Friends of North Carolina shelter. More than that though, she was sweet and gentle. Our hearts are just :sad1 broken.

Mary :brokenheart

I'm so sorry...she is so beautiful and well loved. Our thoughts are with you.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest lunabelle

I am so sorry. :grouphug Luna is incredibly beautiful, and those ears... :wub: I am sorry you have to say goodbye.

It was terrifically hard :cry1 to let our baby go but my husband and I are so relieved she's no longer hungry, in pain, or just uncomfortable. And thankfully, Luna left this world here at home, with us and her two whippet friends.

Our home is already so empty without her but Luna's welfare was our responsibility and if she'd been able to do this for us, she would have, bless her pure and innocent heart. I just wish I didn't hurt so bad tonight.

Guest lunabelle

I'm so sorry...she is so beautiful and well loved. Our thoughts are with you.

She was an irreplaceable jewel. We know we'll not see Luna's like again. :(

Mary :weep

Guest lunabelle

Luna was so lovely. I'm so very sorry you have to say goodbye. :grouphug

It was excruciatingly hard but we're so relieved Luna's no longer hungry, uncomfortable, or confused. Thankfully, she was able to pass on to The Bridge from here in her home with us and her two whippet sisters. It was very quick and the vet was as gentle as could be.

Guest lunabelle

Please know that all of us are thinking of you & Luna at this very difficult time.

May you find peace in just knowing how long & how much she is loved.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our beloved girl is now gone and died with my husband and I whispering into her ear that we loved her beyond compare. I'm so glad we were able arrange for Luna to pass on here at home but we already miss her so.

Guest dobiegrey

I am crying and my heart aches for you so....Run Free Sweet Girl, Mommy and Daddy love you still and always will. God Bless you all in this very hard time.