Ingrown Hairs

Guest iLoveLucie

Guest iLoveLucie

My boy Buddy has a small area of ingown hairs on his chest - they look like little blue bumps. If I gently scratch at them with my finger-nail the ingrown hair will be removed. While Buddy is very patient and willing to lay on his back and let me "rub his belly" there has to be an easier way to clean this up - any ideas?

Hi Reni!

I've not had that problem with any of mine, but others have treated it like human acne with pretty good results. One of those little scrubby pads and some acne medicine.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest iLoveLucie

Gross! Poor Buddy, it figures he's going thru his awkward teen years - pimples and all :) Good thing he's so cute!

20110923-035739.jpg

Edited by iLoveLucie

Bella had tons of them, they look like black dots almost right? In one spot of their tummies. I don't know how on earth Bella didn't even flinch when I did my momma duty of squezzing them out :lol

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest iLoveLucie

Bella had tons of them, they look like black dots almost right? In one spot of their tummies. I don't know how on earth Bella didn't even flinch when I did my momma duty of squezzing them out :lol

They are more blue-ish/purple... at first I thought it was a bruise or something, but I am able to "squeeze" them out - yick. Buddy like Bella doesn't seem to mind so I guess I just need to deal with it!

They are more blue-ish/purple... at first I thought it was a bruise or something, but I am able to "squeeze" them out - yick. Buddy like Bella doesn't seem to mind so I guess I just need to deal with it!

Good lord!! There are those of us here that would pay to get at that belly!!!

Not that I'm one of them or anything. :ph34r

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

They're harmless black heads. I've read that warm compresses helps get rid of them (I suppose before you squeeze 'em). They're strictly cosmetic, however, so you don't really need to do anything if they're not bothering him.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

They're harmless black heads. I've read that warm compresses helps get rid of them (I suppose before you squeeze 'em). They're strictly cosmetic, however, so you don't really need to do anything if they're not bothering him.

That's pretty much word for word what I was going to say! :lol

I've had a few fosters with the "greyhound acne", some I worked on, others I just ignored. The dog certainly didn't care.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest tellybelly

Telly has had these periodically on her belly and the inside of her back legs.....she has very sensitive skin in general. She hasn't had them in awhile, I'm not sure if this is due to us changing her diet or maybe that we have much drier weather here right now vs. in the summer. They have gone away on their own without any extra intervention on my part. Also, that is one great ETS that your Buddy is displaying there! :lol

Guest BrianRke

My first grey, Cleo, had them on her belly near her chest. They never bothered her so I didnt do anything about it. Like Susan said, they're just cosmetic.

I fostered a Crested who had them all over his little hairless body. Advice from one of the Crested forums said to wash the pup with yogurt. There's supposed to be something in the yogurt that draws the blackheads out. Or, it may have been nothing more than the extra exfoliation from the baths. In any case, after a couple weeks and a few baths, his skin was pretty much clear - and amazingly soft! :lol .

Edited by simile

Guest Greytluv

Good lord!! There are those of us here that would pay to get at that belly!!!

Not that I'm one of them or anything. :ph34r

:lol

Now who's obsessed with eye boogers? :ph34r

Edited by Greytluv

My theory was always that it's from the newsprint from the shredded newspaper they use as bedding when they're at the track.

And we wonder why they're such good nesters and love ripping up paper :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Now who's obsessed with eye boogers? :ph34r

Too late - that thread was already started here. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

My theory was always that it's from the newsprint from the shredded newspaper they use as bedding when they're at the track.

And we wonder why they're such good nesters and love ripping up paper :lol

There is no real correlation to support the bedding theory. Disco never spent a day in his life on shredded newspaper and his belly is blackhead haven. Deuce, who was born, raised and raced by the same people, has a few and has never been on newspaper. Dessie, again born, raised and raced by the same people, has absolutely zero blackheads.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Hmm, well, there you have it :lol. Pinky has a small area of blackheads but I have no idea what sort of bedding she had.

Ace and Fritz never had them. Sutra had them, but Carrie doesn't.

Guess maybe some are just more predisposed to 'acne' than others? I will note that those of mine that have/had them really had bald chests. Those that don't have them are very hairy.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--