Update On Princess Rascal

Must be a good update, eh, since it's in H&M and not Remembrance! :)

Dr. B checked her over, and she thinks that what *I* thought was a 'blister' on the tumor is actually a nodule on the tumor. She said most of the skin feels okay--normally these things get so big that they outgrow their blood supply, skin gets very thin, and they open up. She noted one area of thinness, and thinks that when it opens up, it's likely to happen in that area. She also noted that it doesn't seem to bother Rascal at all, doesn't give her pain (we have noticed that, too--it's unsightly, but doesn't bother her). She said it could be a week, or months, before it develops a 'sore'; and sometimes, if you put neosporin on it, it will heal up for awhile. She said when they open up, it is generally NOT a crisis situation (like a dog with osteo, and a bone breaking :( ). So that is good to know, too.

Rascal's breath has been awful, so Dr. B put her on pulse antibiotics a week or so ago (generic flagyl, I believe); her breath has improved since she took a course of that (one week, minus the last pill she refused to take :angry: ). However, Dr. B does think she may have a root abscess, since her mouth is tender on one side; so she'll be on three weeks of clindamycin for that, then back to the pulse antibiotics.

Rascal is down to 50.4 pounds--she was 52# when we brought her home 10 years ago, and her 'healthy' weight most of her life was around 57. So she's a bit skinny, but eating okay. I may just have to tempt her with more 'goodies'--this morning she had part of a chicken breast, and some cheddar cheese, and ate her whole breakfast.

Bottom line was Dr. B's statement: "If she were mine, I'd take her home and let her be happy." So that's what we are doing. :)

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Wonderful news, Melissa. Both of you must be so happy and relieved :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Yay! That is a huge relief to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Doug too. It is reassuring to know that she's not in pain, and has some "spoiled rotten" days ahead.

Give her a gentle hug, and know that you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

That is good news to me :colgate Keeping Rascal in my prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

That is good news she back home with you. Hope you have a lot more time with your girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.