Ciria Needs Good Thoughts

My daughter called me this AM at 7:00 ( hate early morning or late night calls) to say Ciria had a temp of 104 & wasn't feeling at all well so Grandma took her to the vet. When they checked her blood, the white count was 3! She's at the vets getting IV fluids & meds, comes home for over night & goes back in the AM. So far all tests are not turning up anything but she sure feels bad. Ciria is a ting black brindle that loves to sleep in a puppy pile with the mom on the bottom of the pile but will pile up with other dogs also. She never fussed when her temp or blood draws were done but did react to a small yappy thing outside the door to the exam room for a minute. This all hit last night & we can't figure out what might be causing the problem. Sure wish these kids could talk!

Greyhounds have a lower WBC count than other breeds. Their typical range is 3.5-6.5, so Ciria's count is only a little lower than normal. Does her vet have a reference for greyhound bloodwork? Here is a link to one that you can print out if they don't. http://www.greyhound-data.com/dir/393/Greyhound_Bloodwork.pdf

I hope Ciria starts feeling better soon!

:goodluck

I hope the vet can figure out what's happening and help Ciria feel better.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

We finally know what is wrong-she has an auto-immune problem so is now going to a totally grain free food & some supplements. The vet said he has seen more IBD dogs & others with problems from all the genitic altered grains in the foods. I think I will probably switch everyone here to grain free like Noelle is (they like her food) as several have tummy troubles that never did before.