Spencer

FiveRoooooers

I am posting this remembrance for dear friends Lisa and Victor, who today lost their beloved old kitteh, Spencer. Such a special boy who thrived with these folks who loved him so much. I don't know any other kittehs who had their own "catio" and "veranda" :blush Godspeed sweet boy.

I am sorry to say our precious Spencer left us this afternoon. He came to us 2 1/2 years ago after being found as a stray so close to death my vet didn't know how he pulled through. He pulled through because he loved life and wanted more time to enjoy the outdoors, eating, and sitting on our laps. His health made a sharp decline a week or so ago, yet he refused to let go and was able to spend many hours this past weekend resting in the grass outside. Today he waited for Victor to come home to be with him, and simply stopped breathing. A very peaceful ending. He will be missed.

Spencer11-14-10.jpg

Unable to be an outdoor cat we brought the leaves in to him :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Please convey my condolences to Lisa and Victor. Godspeed, Spencer. There are lots of leaves at the Bridge. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you, will do.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Jan, please give my condolences to Lisa & Victor. They did such a wonderful thing in providing Spencer with a loving home and vet care when he was found. The photo of the leaf box they made for Spencer just illustrates the compassionate and thoughtful things they did to make him feel happy and secure. It's a very sweet photo and part of a moving tribute to this well-loved boy.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

My condolences to his family. Spencer was a beautiful kitteh & I'm sorry he didn't get to enjoy his good fortune for longer. Godspeed Spencer! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

What a remarkably handsome fellow. I'm so sorry he had to leave.

Godspeed, Spencer.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest lisac203

Thank you so much for your kind words - this really helps us to get through this. We knew Spencer wouldn't be with us for long, but it is still so hard to lose him. He marched into our lives and stole our hearts so quickly. We didn't expect such a character- and what a character Spencer was. For a large framed cat weighing only 7.5 pounds at his heaviest when we knew him, he had such attitude. One fierce look at the other cats would send them running although they could obviously over power him if they wanted to.

Eating ice cream or popcorn will never be the same. They both drove Spencer crazy - the only way to keep him from helping himself was to hold the bowl over your head inbetween bites. But a polite observer is what someone trained him to be at dinner time. He would quietly sit hoping for pieces of yummy people food. And he was so appreciative of the little bits we were able to give him. At some point in his life he had his colon removed, so it was a trick to keep his digestive system in line while keeping him feeling like he was getting treats.

How anyone could have cared for and loved this wonderful cat and then abandon him I can't imagine. We are thankful for the time we had with him and will cherish our memories.

Thank you for your support

Lisa & Victor

My deepest symnpathies to you.....

Yes....hard to believe that anyone could turn a back on such personality and love - but for every back that turns, there is someone like you who takes in a sweet soul like Spencer and shows him the love and respect he so deserves.

We are blessed for every moment that we have with them....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.