Help!

Guest IndyHound

Guest IndyHound

Beckett got into some white-chocolate cookies. Do i need to induce vomiting? And If i do how i was told a tablespoon of salt but how long does it take? Any help would be appreciated.

It depends on how much he ate.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

First, take a deep breath.

Ok, how many cookies?

White chocolate doesn't have much if any of the chemical that is dangerous to dogs. Dark chocolate is the real dangerous type.

If you really don't want what's in his tummy to stay there, use hydrogen perioxide (I don't like using salt, the body does absorb the sodium). couple of tablespoons. Outside! Some dogs vomit right away, other's let you get really really worried first before it comes up.

But I'd call your vet first. I don't think it's necessary, but I'm not a vet.

Also.....how's he reacting? Is he sick?

Guest BiancasMom

White chocolate contains minimal Theobromine (what makes chocolate toxic). As long as there was no real chocolate or raisins, he should be fine but may have diarrhea.

That's not a lot considering it's in cookies. I'm thinking he'll be fine.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm not sure white chocolate is even "chocolate" at all. I'm pretty sure it's candy with vanilla flavoring in it. I, personally, wouldn't worry.

The important question--were there macadamia nuts in the cookies? Those can be toxic to dogs and are often found in white chocolate chip cookies.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I wouldn't worry on either account. Seriously.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I expect that inducing vomiting is riskier than eating some cookies with white chocolate chips!

Many products we buy are really only chocolate FLAVORED.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest IndyHound

Ok So I called the vet and he stated that at most it would cause an upset stomach and maybe some diarrhea. Sorry for the freakout but as hes my first i didn't know how it would affect him.

Any idea what kind of nuts were in it? Macadamia nuts are dangerous, though it would appear that, like raisins/grapes, some dogs can get sick on a little bit, others need a lot to get sick. Anyway, here's some info from the Merck Veterinary Manual: Macadamia ingestion

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire