Nature's Domain

In case any other Boston-area GTers have been wanting to try Nature's Domain, I thought I'd spread the word that it's finally become available at our local Costco. DH found it yesterday at the Everett location. Right now they have the salmon formula only.

I gave Merlin a bit with his breakfast this morning and he seemed to love it :).

gallery_21712_3317_21715.jpg
Merlin (Heathers Wizard), Mina (Where's Rebecca), and Mae the Galga - three crazy dogs in the house of M

Guest Jonesy08054

My adoption group feeds all of their kennel dogs TOTW. The owner gets it in bulk at a pretty good price. She told me to check out Costco though, and Nature's Domain. Basically the same thing for about $10-$15 less. My dog had no problem at all transitioning over to Nature's Domain (Salmon and sweet potato). Really likes it, and his coat is looking great thanks to the fish oils in the kibble (that's what I'm telling myself at least). It's only about $35 for a 35LB bag....pretty good deal in my opinion.

I am still waiting for it in the Virginia stores. Last time I asked, they had no idea if it would make it out here.

Not a lot of help, but it is now at the Fre'burg Costco. My neighbor picked up a bag for me. Hopefully she will continue to do so. I'm not a big Costco fan and really don't want to spend $50.00 for a card.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

FWIW: First 4 ingredients of TOTW/PS: Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes

First 4 ingredients of Nature's Domain: Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes. There is truth in advertising in this case because the bag says "Salmon meal and sweet potatoes" right below the "Nature's Domain" on the front of the bag.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest happygrey

We feed TOTW Salmon to all 3 of ours and I must say it is getting very expensive! Also, our pet store sometimes can't keep enough of the big bags in stock. How much is Nature's Domain?

Recently, I've thought about switching Bentley and Desmond to something a little cheaper :blush -- because the two of them can pretty much eat anything and are fine. And Desmond at 80+ pounds needs to eat a lot. Tatam, however, is another story. :rolleyes: After many tries (including raw) we finally found his "miracle" food -- TOTW Salmon. His nickname at mealtime is Mr. Sensitive Tum.

We feed TOTW Salmon to all 3 of ours and I must say it is getting very expensive! Also, our pet store sometimes can't keep enough of the big bags in stock. How much is Nature's Domain?

Recently, I've thought about switching Bentley and Desmond to something a little cheaper :blush -- because the two of them can pretty much eat anything and are fine. And Desmond at 80+ pounds needs to eat a lot. Tatam, however, is another story. :rolleyes: After many tries (including raw) we finally found his "miracle" food -- TOTW Salmon. His nickname at mealtime is Mr. Sensitive Tum.

It's been a few months, but if I recall correctly, I got it for around $32 for 35lb. bags

Edited by greg1229

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Just bought a bag of the Nature's Domain Turkey & Sweet Potatoes food... about $29 for 35# bag. The salmon formula was a few dollars more. Hope my boyos like it! :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest avadogner

I just bought a bag at our Costco yesterday. It was the Salmon and Potato 35lb bag for $32. We have had Ava on Blue Buffalo Grain Free or Taste of the Wild Salmon for the last couple years. It is usually about $43 for 30lbs. Since Augie won't eat anything that isn't what Ava gets, he is on it too. I am hoping to trick Augie ( who is healthy and doesn't have the food allergies and issues Ava has) into eating the Nature's Domain.

Between his broken hock and Ava's multiple ailments, we are slammed with vet bills here. I am hoping it will smell close enough to Ava's Grain Free Salmon that he won't snub it. He is a giant boy at 89lbs so I can't quite justify feeding him Grain Free. I'll let y'all know how he does with it. I mixed a small amount in with his meal tonight and he gobbled it right up.

Ava &Augie's Mum

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for it here in the LA area. I can't wait to try it.

I was at the Yorba Linda Costo yesterday and they have the Salmon formula now. That was the only one I saw, though.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest happygrey

I just bought a bag at our Costco yesterday. It was the Salmon and Potato 35lb bag for $32. We have had Ava on Blue Buffalo Grain Free or Taste of the Wild Salmon for the last couple years. It is usually about $43 for 30lbs. Since Augie won't eat anything that isn't what Ava gets, he is on it too. I am hoping to trick Augie ( who is healthy and doesn't have the food allergies and issues Ava has) into eating the Nature's Domain.

Thanks for the pricing info. We are paying 49.99 (before tax) for a 30 pound bag of TOTW!

This would be much cheaper! I may have to have my sis take me over to Costco next time she goes.

It's been a few months, but if I recall correctly, I got it for around $32 for 35lb. bags

Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SueG201

I went to the costco in Wharton, NJ this morning and they now have the Natures domain Salmon, keeping my fingers crossed because i can no longer afford TOTW

• 2 weeks later...

Our vet switched my DDs ting girl to this & she likes it seems hungry all the time. Do you feed more of it than a regular kibble? TOTW was too rich for Noelle she I switched her to Chicken Soup & she's done very well with it. We don't have a Costco need us & I'm not going to pay the vet $15.00 to bring me a bag of the Nature's Bomain.

I went to Tractor Supply to buy TOTW the other day and I was shocked that it had gone up from 37.99 to 46.99 a bag! Since I was almost out of dog food I wound up buying 4 Health, but I'd prefer to use a grain free food. I'll have to check Costco next time I go. Anyone know if Edison NJ Costco has the Nature's Domain yet?

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

my dogs transistioned over to natures domain with no problems, th shedding has slowed down and my old girl no longer poops in the house and i love the price compared to TOTW

after the dogs being on a combo of nature's domain and holistic select (50/50)i have noticed that felix is peeing like a racehorse ALL the time and then some! he has never woken up at night before, 2xs a night for a couple of nights. so, i said to myself,"before i bring his urine in for a culture, let's think" the only change is the nature's domain. annie is fine. so, i took him off of it, back to oatmeal and duck...sleeping the night, normal pees, 2 minutes longs(he stands) not 5-8+ minutes(i couldn't believe it)and he repeated those looooooong standing pees in numerous spots when i let him out. for some reason it seemed to be taxing his kidneys(felix is only 4.5 years old)and his drinking has resumed to normal. now that i think about it, he was really really thirsty. could it have a higher sodium content?(i don't think anything else was brewing since he went back to normal after it was eliminated).

Edited by cleptogrey