Insulin Shots

I have an invitation to meet in Chicago with Basicallyunlimitedexpenseaccount exBF for a few days in September.

Poodle is the problem. I don't want to kennel him and no one I know seems willing to give him his shots twice a day.

My Kravitz neighbors have watched my dogs before and James is outside all day scritching and keeping an eye on them -- even when I'm here sleeping in the mornings. I'd much rather leave them all here than kennel any/all but neither neighbor wants to give shots.

I was thinking about asking one of the front desk people at my vet that has a diabetic poodle herself if she'd do it for $10 a trip. but don't know how far she lives. I asked a lady that I worked with at the dog daycare and she said that it wasn't worth her time to drive 5 miles over here for ANY price.

Other ideas?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Could he go with you? Ride in the cabin of the plane? Would that be much more than paying $20? a day for someone to visit for shots?

If he does that, I think you need to pimp out his mohawk first--bright pink or something lol.gif

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Does your neighbor realize how easy it is?

I used to give my neighbor's dog his shots when his human was running late. She showed me how, no big deal at all!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Would Poodle even be receptive to having a stranger come in the house for his shots?

I know kenneling him isn't what you want to do but it would, at least, guaranty that he would get his shots. I'm not sure I'd want to trust that to someone who might be 'iffy' at even showing up.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Not sure, but, some dog walking services may do shots ...

You do want to make sure that you get a referral (os a backup plan) because the last thing you need is someone calling you while you are in Chicago saying that they can't do the shot.

I would ask the vet tech - a lot of them do dog sitting on the side, and they're comfortable giving shots.

Have fun in Chicago!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest spider9174

ditto to previous poster...inquire at the front desk if they know any one that does dog sitting.

or a dog walking service.

what about finding someone through your local greyhound group? that is how i found someone to help out with our pups when we are away or need can't do a feeding.

Pam, if I could I would. Let me know which weekend you are looking at.

Otherwise, I think asking the vet tech or a pet sitter is the best. Who is going to watch the others?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

It will be weekdays -- probably Mon - Wed.

One of the techs at my vet will do it.

Poodle would let Jack the Ripper give him his shot as long as he gets his one slice of deli thin rotisserie chicken. I ran out once and he threw a royal snit fit -- nothing else was good enough. Won't make that mistake again.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg