Get Up And Go Supplements

Guest peacehound

Guest peacehound

Looking for a new supplement to try for Peace's arthritis..she is on Dausquin now..would like to try Get up and Go...anyone tell me if they like it, good results? do you buy all four products and give all four or just some of it? any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Great and timely post, I've been wondering about exactly the same thing. I've got my girl on Dasuquin and am looking for a replacement that is as good. I don't like how Nutramax spends their money, and, if Get Up and Go is a good replacement, I'll feel a lot better about it - they spend their money on greyhounds, not fake clinics who are anti-choice.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Grhndad

I have been using Get Up And Go Glucosamine for years and love it. I have a soon to be 12 yr old that was on Dasuquim when we got her 2 years ago and I changed her over.The rest of my pack, all seniors, have been on it since we got them, 2 as 3 yr olds. Glaudia gives outstanding service.

Guest BrianRke

I have been giving my senior GNC Hip & Joint Health by GNC Pets since I got him and he gets around like a puppy. The bottle is almost gone and someone gave me a bottle of Cosequin DS recently so I thought I would try that next.

I have had a lot of success with get up and go supplements. Combined the glucosamine with the chondroitin and then later added the MSM and Vitamin C. You could email Claudia at Greyhoundgang.com and ask her your questions. She is great about answering them and she is very passionate about these products and the doggies. It is also a great way to give back to the dogs as she gives and gives to the greyhounds.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Great stuff, great service, great cause. Claudia is very knowledgeable and kind. She will patiently answer your questions and give you good advice. I trust Claudia and the quality of her products.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

We have not used Get Up and Go so I can't comment on it.

But since you are considering changing from an existing med, I will share this.

We have had two senior greys on Cosequin-DS for three to four years now and it does seem to help. They are on the maintenance dose of two caps a day (one in am, one in pm). This was the brand our vet recommended as they were the only ones out there who had done clinical studies and shown improvement. The best price anywhere (that I have found) for Cosequin-DS is on EntirelyPets.com (Our vet sells it, but it is considerably more expensive.) If you can buy 2 x 250 capsule bottles at a time (or can find someone to go in with), this is the way to go. The price works out to be about 0.27 per capsule-- and if you are on their email list, they often have sales with 5, 10, or even 15% off. So I always buy on sale. And they offer free shipping above a certain $ amount (the 2x250 is always above this). With two greys on it, the 500 caps is a four month supply.

Good luck in your quest!

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Dude is currently taking the GU&G supplements - glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM combo. He's been on them for about two months. He's not getting the vitamin C as a) his oncologist advised against it while he is on chemo drugs, and B) I'm not convinced of the efficacy of vitamin dosing in general. They are a bit expensive to give to more than one dog at a time (and expensive for one dog at a time too), but I think they are well worth the money.

Separately, I got some of their Essence of Yucca (Yucca Intensive) to give to him, but he hated it and refused to eat any food it was put in now matter how diluted I made it. So I began giving it to my two seniors, just so I could ue the bottle up. It is at least as effective as rimadil for mild arthritic conditions - stiffness and inflammation, mainly. I noticed a difference in their ability to get around after about three doses.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That would be a question for Claudia, or your vet, I think. It also depends a bit on how severe your dog's reaction is to foods other than his "safe" ones. If he has a reaction immediately on eating something different, then I would hesitate to give him anything that might upset the balance. If he's OK with a treat or meal that is different, it might be OK. I don't think there's a medical reason the supplements would "hurt" his gut, per se, but your vet would have a better idea.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Cody has been on Get Up and Go supplements since I got him at 3 (he is almost 11 now). Glucosamine, Chrondroitin and MSM, I buy a years supply at at time usually. Cody is still pretty active for a near 11 year old so I think they have helped a lot, considering his previous broken leg.

Pinky wouldn't touch her food or anything else if it had the powder in it (she's a finicky little girl) but I recently found she likes the Dasuquin treats so now she is on those. So YMMV with the treats vs powder.

Guest NewGreyOwner

We have been giving our hound the get up and go supplements for several years. It feels good to order products where all proceeds will go to help hounds. Claudia is great and will answer all your questions.

:thumbs-up for get up and go supplements...

and another :thumbs-up for Yucca intensive,, yes, it has a horrible taste, but it really works,, if you can get them to take it!

call Claudia,, she has a wealth of knowledge and information!!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Wow - How wonderful to read all the nice things people are saying - AND they are all true. :lol

I am passionate about joint supplements because in the years (i'm not saying how many) I've been doing greyhound rescue, using supplements to help them has made a huge difference.

But don't ask me - ask everyone else. Testimonials. Q&A.

Get Up & Go Overview.

Anyhow, you guys made me so happy with the lovely things you said, that I'm offering a discount to all of you. Greyhound Gang just put up a new shopping area. It is very spiffy, if i do say so.

So from now until a week from now - 7/23 - anything you order (except Auction Items) will be 5% off. But you MUST put GreyTalk, in the coupon area during checkout, to get the discount - GreyTalk. Just like that, with the caps.

Thank you again for all the wonderful things said. The products do help, the proceeds from the products help, they are inexpensive so your bank account is helped - and dogs are happy and loved. And that makes me very happy.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

Wow - How wonderful to read all the nice things people are saying - AND they are all true. :lol

I am passionate about joint supplements because in the years (i'm not saying how many) I've been doing greyhound rescue, using supplements to help them has made a huge difference.

Get Up & Go Overview.

Anyhow, you guys made me so happy with the lovely things you said, that I'm offering a discount to all of you. Greyhound Gang just put up a new shopping area. It is very spiffy, if i do say so.

So from now until a week from now - 7/23 - anything you order (except Auction Items) will be 5% off. But you MUST put GreyTalk, in the coupon area during checkout, to get the discount - GreyTalk. Just like that, with the caps.

Thank you again for all the wonderful things said. The products do help, the proceeds from the products help, they are inexpensive so your bank account is helped - and dogs are happy and loved. And that makes me very happy.

Thanks, Claudia! I'll be heading over there this week!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest peacehound

Get Up & Go Overview.

goodness, look I ordered my products a day too soon! oh well.