Tuffy

Josie

cried a lot today, we got Tuffy ashs... :cry1

big boy is home now

yesterday we went to the lumber place to pic up the wood DH will use to make the urn...

we choosed a wood name sucupira

it looks like this:

sucupira.jpg

we tought it look like Tuffy brindles spots...

the tree sucupira is really nice:

5049807778_0dcd2c5bab.jpg

beautifull purple flowers...

:)

we will get the wood planck in 7-10 days (had to be planned)

I'll post went DH we start making the urn...

Edited by Josie

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is indeed perfectly brindle.

Send your momma and daddy some kisses on the wind, Tuffy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Penser à vous et vous envoyer un câlin. :grouphug

Found this picture from Grapehounds. Don't know if you ever saw it.

5629205301_381952e1b7.jpg

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

It's always so bittersweet when you get the ashes back. Some closure in having them finally "home", but the finality makes the loss even greater. I think making his urn is such a lovely thing to do. The wood you have chosen is perfect, and the urn will be so special and meaningful to you.

Tuffy's personality comes through so clearly in your pics---how beautiful he was. I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Hannah

:grouphug

I have been trying to think of some suitable words, and failing.

Tuffy was my SS a few years ago, I remember having great fun putting together all the bits and pieces.

run free sweet boy.

Tuffy was my SS a few years ago, I remember having great fun putting together all the bits and pieces.

you're the one who send the wood frame with grey drawing that looks so much Tuffy?

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest Hannah

you're the one who send the wood frame with grey drawing that looks so much Tuffy?

I wish I was, my parcels all had little notes in them, it included the blue and gold striped collar and I think some wierd stripey stuffy.

I wish I was, my parcels all had little notes in them, it included the blue and gold striped collar and I think some wierd stripey stuffy.

yes! I think that year I sign up for 2 SS... :blush

this collar:

bestfriend1.jpg

was it the magic ball? Tuffy loved it ;)

boule.jpg

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

the wood planck for the urn is ready for pick up... will go this long week-end... dont know wen DH will start making the urn...

yesterday evening he said to me "I miss my dog"

we both started crying... :weep

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

• 2 weeks later...

Already 1 month since my big boy left :(

gosh the house is empty...

I cry avery time we have thunderstorms...there no dog that's crying about it anymore...

I miss my daily walks too...

DH still gets watery eyes when he watch TV in the evenings and when he arrives from work and dont have a grey metting him at the door...

He did not start the urn yet... dont think he will do it before our vacations (we are going to France June 2nd to the 15th..think this trip will help us)...

we talk about getting an other grey... after the vacation.. mid-summer beggining of automn...

here's the last pics I took of Tuffy... He was waiting for his friends Tatum and Miles to arrive (when they visit us for the St-Patrick Parade..

ssontou.jpg

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

What a beautiful picture of him waiting for his friends. I am so sorry for your loss.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.