Prayers For My Senior Girl Dawn

I know this is late but I guess I wanted to pretend that it was going to be okay. Dawn will be ten in June and is the orneriest grey we have. We love her and wouldn't want her any other way, either. She goes for a dental tomorrow and we know that she needs one tooth pulled. I am worried because she has never been put to sleep since we have had her. My one experience with that was awful. Ziggy screamed the whole time they worked on him. I sat in the waiting room crying my eyes out. What bothers me is that I have to go to work so I can't stay with her. Please pray for my little girl. She is so special to us. Thanks!

They did not do her dental. Her kidney values were very high. They gave her a shot and sent her home with Clavamox. Now I am really worried. They said her protein was too high. They did not give me a paper with her numbers on it but I remember one number was supposed to be between 7 and 25 but Dawns was 54. I don't want to lose her! I am so worried. They told me that they would still do her teeth, but that it was going to cost me $300 more than they originally said because she needs to be on so many meds. before, during, and after the procedure.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I guess I am suprised because I thought dogs were supposed to have meat and meat products in their diets. HELP!!

Guest 2dogs4cats

When they said her protein was too high, were they referring to protein in her urine? If her kidneys are bad, they will pass protein in the urine. You should ask the vet for a copy of all the labs that were done. It will give you a better idea of what is going on. I am so sorry. I have a girl with kidney disease and she cannot have anymore anesthesia. Every day is a gift.