Sadie's Dental

Guest BlackandBrindle

Guest BlackandBrindle

Just wondering if I can get some goodwill and thoughts going for Sadie on Thursday. She'll have her first dental since I've adopted her (4 years). It's the first time I've put either one of them under and I'm nervous. She'll be fine I know, but if you can keep her in your thoughts I'd appreciate it. :)

Fingers and toes crossed for Miss Sadie....Cody at age 11 just had his done last Nov....he did amazingly well!! I know Sadie will too!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest BlackandBrindle

Thanks Donna. :)

She's going to one of the best (if not THE best) greyhound vets in AZ. I just don't know what to expect and that's what makes me nervous.

Guest vahoundlover

Even when you know what to expect, it makes ya nervous. I have it on good authority that Miss Sadie Bug will be just fine.

She should be fine and come home a little woozy (depending on how soon they release her) and with lovely clean teefers :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Best wishes to Sadie, and to you!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest BlackandBrindle

She's been at the vet for an hour and a half. I call in three and a half hours to get her update. I'm not counting the minutes or anything. :blush

I never expected to be so nervous! Anyone have a valium for a nervous mommy?

Aaaaaaaaaaah! Time to relax with an adult beverage or 3. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest dragontearz

Oy..I remember when Guinness had his dental, I was a nervous wreck the whole time...glad to hear Sadie came through with flying colors!

:clap for Sadie!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

My poor Sophie always took a day or two to fully recover from going under. She just wasn't herself. My vet offers anesthesia free dentals by an outside group once a month. You might look into that. I wasn't going to put my girl through anesthesia again but she broke her hip and I had it done while they were fixing her hip. My vet is dallasmetropaws.com. I'm not intending to advertise for them, but they do offer the service that will eliminate anesthesia which in my mind eliminates worry! (obviously they would have to go under for extractions and stuff)

Guest BlackandBrindle

The anesthesia free dentals are good for pups who don't have inflammation under/around the gums. A good way to tell is if the gums bleed when you brush them. If that is the case, the anesthesia free dentals don't really address that problem. That is what I we were told at Sandy Paws by Dr. Radcliffe.

I will post pictures tomorrow when she's less green around the gills. Which I'd thought to take a before picture but my mind was NOT on those details this week.

I had lots of adult beverages last night. Tonight was boxing and personal training. So I don't feel bad about the two bottles of wine (with friends, but still. :P )

Thanks again everyone!

Glad Little Miss Sadie is all sparkly now!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

The anesthesia free dentals are good for pups who don't have inflammation under/around the gums. A good way to tell is if the gums bleed when you brush them. If that is the case, the anesthesia free dentals don't really address that problem. That is what I we were told at Sandy Paws by Dr. Radcliffe.

I would second that. If you want to go anaesthesia-free, you really have to stay on top of what's going on with the teeth/gums and get it done well before things get nasty. You also need a pup who doesn't squirm overmuch.