Good Thoughts For Chase Please

Guest LindsaySF

Guest LindsaySF

Please think good thoughts for Chase. (Original thread here). She's up to 50 pounds so she is getting her dental cleaning tomorrow. She will likely need several extractions. She'll be 14 years old in May, but her bloodwork was good (they'll run pre-op bloodwork tomorrow too). I'm really nervous, but it needs to be done..... :hope

183018_10150108558194883_348217539882_6095130_346935_n.jpg

~Lindsay~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well and it's just another routine dental - sending many good thoughts your way for Chase! :goodluck

Sending good thoughts for Chase, hoping it goes well and she is back home resting comfortably soon after.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest 2dogs4cats

Good thoughts and prayers for Chase, please update us when possible. I feel for this poor girl. I have a 14 year old which I was told couldn't have anymore dentals.

Guest Lakota

How'd it go?

I'm sure she was the subject of a lot of positive thoughts. Please update us, and there are many people here who have been keeping their eye on this lovely lady.

Hey Lindsay - how did Chase do? That pic is so sweet. Hope she's well on her way to feeling better and healing.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Guest LindsaySF

Her bloodwork and urinalysis this morning was not as good as previous bloodwork and urinalysis. :( The bloodwork had values indicating dehydration, but her urine was not that concentrated. The vet said there was protein and some WBC's in her urine, indicating nephritis and likely early-stage kidney failure. :( We decided to proceed with the dental anyway, as her kidney situation is not likely to get better, and her teeth are only adding to the problem.

Chase was put on IV fluids when she arrived at the vet this morning, and she'll stay on them to keep her hydrated and to flush her kidneys well. The anesthesia risk is greater right now because of her kidneys, but those teeth need to come out. I am praying that things go okay... :hope

I just called the vet for an update. She's in surgery right now. I'm a nervous wreck! :riphair

~Lindsay~

Fingers, toes, legs, arms, paws, more toes, all crossed for Chase.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.