Bandit (Cute Video Added Post #1)

macoduck

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducky....I am so sorry your sweet boy had to leave....he will find Nina and all will be well. My thoughts are with you.

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Guest iconsmum

My big handsome boy just gave up. We'd been dealing with the beginning of old dog kidney failure. His old broken hock combined with his weakening hind end was taking it's toll on his good rear leg. I knew he'd be leaving us before it was time for Mountain Hounds, but I just didn't expect it to happen so soon and for him to go downhill so quickly before my eyes.

I first met Bandit 6 years ago at GFNC when he'd been recently returned by his first owners. I'd gone up to get a desperate old brindle boy, Oliver. It was tempting to take Bandit, whose name at the time was Roscoe, but I'd made the commitment to Oliver.

Last year I saw Bandit (his owners had re-named him) back on the website. There was no question that he'd come here. Life had been very hard in his second home. He was almost zombie-like during his first few months. He always remained rather stoic and you had to really look at him to notice the nuances of his emotional expressions.

The first time I saw him:

BbBlueJayoriginalage7.jpg And when we got him: BbBlueJayRoscoeBanditage12.jpg

Bandit never gave us a minutes trouble. His nightly visits from the Turd Fairy were more amusing to us than annoying. We knew he couldn't help it.

His old broken hock really made walking on pavement impossible. So when I'd taken the other dogs for a long walk, I'd then just walk Bandit back and forth across the front lawn. It seemed to please him and he was happy that he got to go somewhere. Walking he didn't do well and it always looked like he was about to fall over. But boy could he run - not for long - but he could run!

082.jpg

Bandit's nickname could have been Mr King of Passive-Aggressivenessland. The biggest dog in the house just used sighs to get his favorite bed.

Here he is trying to persuade Pudge to move:

video

(if the link doesn't work I'll work on it when I get home from work)

Yesterday Bandit gave me "the look". He'd been OK in the morning. I waited another hour until my husband got home from work and then I took him to the vet to be set free. On the drive there I questioned my decision but turned out to be right one. Bandit collapsed in the parking lot and I had to carry him in. HIs face showed no desire to fight for life. My vet was kind and gentle.........

Bandit's most favorite thing was sniffing and licking fresh girlie pee like a pervert, with his chin quivering.

Bandit, go find Niña. You'll find lots of girlie pee in Heaven to savor.

017.jpg

I'm so sorry you lost such a beautiful boy, but thank you so much for the video - it's fascinating to watch the textbook perfect dog language happening. Pudge says "dog?, what dog? I don't see any dog" and then he licks his paw as a displacement activity, eventually caves, and then Bandit says " well...if you're absolutely sure you're finished with it....." sleep well, sweet Bandit.

:f_pink Oh Ducky, I am so sorry he needed to leave

God speed to you handsome boy,you truly know what it is to be loved, and now will be so missed.

Please watch over those who love you and are left behind with broken hearts.

May all our Angels take good care of you until you are back with your family once again

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Ducky, I am so so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest arlosmom

Ducky I am so sorry it was time for him to go. Your are such an angel to keep adopting all the seniors knowing that you will not have them for long. No matter how small the length of time we have them it is no easier to lose one than the other. Roscoe run free sweet boy. :f_white:gh_run:gh_run

Bandit.. you will always have a big piece of Mummy's heart. You finally found the love you'd been searching for when you were reunited with your wonderful Ducky Mummy. You got to experience heaven on earth. And now you're at Bridge-heaven with Niña. :wub:

Fly free, without pain, sweet Bandit. :f_red:gh_run

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Ducky, I am so sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed Bandit :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh Ducky loved that video as he waited for that bed. How fortunate he was to have you as his guardian in the last of his senior years. Godspeed Bandit and may the wind always be at your back. His hock is now whole and his frosty face is now black and the Turd Fairy did not follow him to the bridge.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Ducky, I am so sorry about Bandit. He will be missed by many.

Bandit, go find, Nina, Wally and Thane and the rest of the McComas furkid angels. They will be waiting for you and you will all run free together.

Hugs Ducky

Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]