Dental For My Oldest Dog Tomorrow

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

My golden retriever mix Shiloh, who turned 13 in November, is having a dental tomorrow and I would appreciate any good thoughts or prayers. I had labs run last week as her appetite was down for two days. Her kidney values are elevated, but not in the range of renal failure at this time. She only has 12 teeth since the dental last year, and they badly need cleaning. She was started on antibiotics last week. I'll breathe much easier when she's back home!

Last year with wee Ku'a...

052610kuashiloh.jpg

I just got through the anxiety of a dental with one of mine so I feel for you. Sending good thoughts for your handsome old guy.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest Tenderhearts

She lost two more teeth today, including a canine, so she has sutures. Since I have two energetic dogs under the age of 1 here at home, I felt it was best to leave her at the vet's for the night to rest, and the vet agreed. With the pain medication after the dental, she was also still very drowsy late this afternoon.

I'll update tomorrow after she's back home and settled in. :)

Glad it went well, she is beautiful, such a rich color. Little one is adorable also but good idea to let her get a good night's rest.

Will look in on your update tomorrow.

Hoping to hear continued good news about Shiloh tomorrow.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Shiloh, sweetie--Auntee Patsee just saw this! You take it easy and do whatever your mom needs you to do, 'k?

P.S. You're STILL the most gorgeous critter ever was!!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest Tenderhearts

She's definitely having mobility issues since she's come home, but having worked for my old vet, I know it takes longer for seniors to recover. She also had 24 hour pain shot yesterday, so that should be wearing off a bit. She drank water well for me. I was gone for an hour to get my nails done, and she had soaked that, so cleaned her up best I could and she's on the sofa now while the comforter is washing.

Hopefully she will get her legs back soon as Amber's out cleaning stalls/paddocks, and 44 pounds is way over my weight to carry. I tried using the sling we had for Raven, but neither set of legs is steady enough for that yet. It's going to be a long day.

It's nice enough to have the house opened up, so she has a view of the outside, the ceiling fan is on, and I'm going to feed her some watered down canned food now. :)