Harley

Guest HappyHarleysMom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Sherry, I am so sorry to see Harley's name here. You fought so hard, right along side with him. I was a lucky recipient of a Christmas card from you this year; and I'll put it up again, in memory of Happy Harley! Hugs to all - fly free, Harley - you are loved!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

I'm so sorry. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Your description of Harley's final month, his decline, your pain ... :(

:bighug :bighug :bighug

That you were able to take him for that last sad ride, to finally ease his pain, and let him let go of his poor body, that final act of love for "your son", was a gift. He left knowing just how much you had loved him all along.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Well, it's almost 2 days now. I couldn't read these posts yesterday. I slept all day, and when I got up, it seemed like my shoes had weights on them, feeling as heavy as my heart. I started reading, but just could not get through them.

Chuck was as quiet as I. The cats were eerily silent and kept to themselves when normally they are running through the house, or trying to hop in my lap. I guess we're all mourning, furkids and humans alike.

Today is a little better as I'm not crying every five minutes. Chuck and I were able to reminisce about silly Harley. We were remembering how Harley would perk his ears up when either of would say the other was home. We'd let him outside and he'd take off to the garage, stand at the garage window and peer in, crying and barking until the door to the yard would open to mommy or daddy. Then, he would follow closely behind us back to the house. Oh so closely. He goosed me in my behind more than a few times on those walks back to the house.

Nancy, I can't believe it's been that many years. I remember when in 2002, I was still missing Wag who died the year before, and I joined GRTB several months before Harley came into my life. Harley was a spinner and jumper from the get-go, and was clearly meant for his title, Court Jumper. :)

Thank you, everyone for all your kind words, sympathies, and support through this whole thing. I'll never be able to convey how much everyone's caring and support means to me, all those times I wrote about my worries and my hopes during Harley's illness. I couldn't have done it without you all. I leaned on you guys here a lot, and I will always feel like you're my extended family. Chuck and I both hold so much gratitude in our hearts to all of you who hung in there with us, for helping us help Harley as we tried to save him.

I can't believe Harley is really gone from this earth, but he is, and the pain right now is almost too hard to bare. I slipped today when I saw his empty dishes and thought for a fleeting second that I needed to fill them--which is weird because he hadn't eaten from those particular dishes in the stand for a month, as I was feeding him in the kitchen, or living room, by hand or else sitting with him.

We're so glad we had Har's portrait taken on his last Dewey trip in 2007. It's a beautiful 11x17 close up, in a gold colored frame. It hangs in the living room for all to see, and for me to look at as I spend most of my time in this room. I sure wish we had a blow up of Wag that size to hang next to it, since Harley most certainly channeled Waggie's goofy ways. I will have to see if photos from film can be blown up since it was predigital days.

Thank you one and all again, for everything. It sounds lame here in type, but it comes from my heart. Please know that.

I guess it's my turn to say it now,

Run free at the Bridge, Harley, no pain, just carefree, happy running and playing. :f_red

:gh_run

Edited by HappyHarleysMom

Guest IrskasMom

Sherry , I was following your Ordeal every Day with all the ups and downs and now this. Words are failing me . You did everything possible and Harley put up a fight to the End. I am so very sorry you lost this handsome Boy. RIP sweet Harley , you will be missed by all of us. :f_red:f_red:grouphug:f_red:f_red

Oh my. :weep Harley sounds wonderful.

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beautiful boy. :bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest KnightRider

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can completely relate right now. I've had a greyhound loss of my own recently. I hope in time your grief will ease and you will be able to look back on Harley's life with laughter and smiles.

Angie K.

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. We're lost right now. It's so hard, and I keep imagining Harley there, laying on his couch, or out in the yard playing.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Guest fringepup

I am so sorry to hear about Harley. You did everything you could do (and much more) to help your little boy. He was very lucky to have you. Take care of yourself now as best as you can even though it is difficult. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

Edited by fringepup