Poodle Sick

Before I went to work he had his shot but an hour or so later before I left we went next door for his treat from them and James said he wasn't right. He wasn't.

When I came home the water bowl was empty and when I filled it he drank at least a quart. I thought about picking it up but think I was told if they are thirsty as diabetics they need to drink. He wouldn't eat treats but did eat one of the little Ceasers Burpdog sent him so he could get his shot. Will update after vet visit tomorrow. I am really worried. :sad1

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Oh no. Hope he was just having a moment and is better this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just got back from vet. His glucose was 161. It would have been better if we could have waited a few more hours after hus shot, but I have to work and wanted to get him in today. They said in any case it didn't look like anything could be really wonky.

He still doesn't feel good, but hasn't drained the water again.

Hopefully it's nothing major :goodluck

I was glad to read your update that he isn't sucking down the water anymore...a friend's pup started drinking as much water as she could get and wouldn't stop. Something to do with a pituitary tumor...it was not good :( So I'm VERY glad to hear that Poodle slowed his intake :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:lol Hilda. You haven't called me that in a long time.

He's been fine ever since. Just had that one bad day. That is really the first time since he was diagnosed that he has done anything like drink a quart of water at one sitting. I think he just wants to scare me sometimes.

:lol Hilda. You haven't called me that in a long time.

He's been fine ever since. Just had that one bad day. That is really the first time since he was diagnosed that he has done anything like drink a quart of water at one sitting. I think he just wants to scare me sometimes.

Well, he does have to keep you on your toes.

Glad to hear he's been doing well.

:) They sure do love to make us freak out, don't they? :lol

Very glad to hear that the Poodle-man is feeling better :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--