Tansy Injured - Photo Not For Faint At Heart

Guest azlorenz

Guest azlorenz

Poor Tansy. When I got home Monday after work I found blood everywhere and this.....

gallery_2056_3113_1923.jpg

We loaded her up and rushed her to the clinic. They stapled her shut and bandaged her up. We went back last night for a dressing change. She is on antibiotic and anti-inflamatory, and doing good. I'm very proud of her -- she's a trooper.

We still can't for the life of us figure out what happened. There is absolutely nothing new in our back yard for the last 6 months or more. Tansy and Lexi were confined to the kitchen area and have a dog door to the back yard. There was blood on the sofa and on one dog bed as well as two drops on the tile.

They were able to use all of the flap of skin. It was a very clean cut. She found something sharp somewhere. We'll find it sometime - hopefully before anyone else finds it.

Edited by azlorenz

Guest kelli123

Yes that is huge, Is it on her rear inner thigh? Maybe she cut her self in the house? or do you know she did it out side? Get well soon sweet baby Girl. I feel so bad for her . You must have just about died when you seen this :eek

Guest azlorenz

I saw it when they flushed and rebandaged it last night. It looks really good closed up. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

I have looked at everything in the kitchen and family room where the girls are confined but cannot find anything. I have a video cam on them all day and I watch them from my blackberry. Tansy laid on the sofa the majority of the day so I believe she had to have done it after I left for home around 3:30. It takes me about an hour to get home.

We have both scoured the backyard and found nothing. You'd think we'd find a trail of blood or something.

Edited by azlorenz

Guest avadogner

As a medical person, I even find that wound horrific. Poor baby and her poor worried family. I'm so sorry Tansy was hurt. I am sending you prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery. :grouphug

-ava and augie's mum

Guest TeddysMom

Oh my goodness, that looks horrible. I'm glad to hear that it looks better now. I do hope you find out what caused it so no one else gets hurt, that just looks really scary. :hope:hope Sending prayers that Tansy heals up quickly.

Ouchie! That had to hurt when she did whatever it was. So glad that they were able to use what's there. Now, let's all say a prayer that healing is quick and easy.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Shannon,

That is nasty! I am glad that now that it is stitched, it doesn't seem so bad. I wonder what did it??? Here's hoping Tansy heals quickly and there are no problems.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest azlorenz

She is doing really good. I had been worried because about every other step she does this kick with her leg. BUT, I opened the cookie jar this morning and she was there on the double. I think she's going to survive. Thank goodness. I'd like to just wrap her up in bubble wrap now.

Glad she's doing well. Could she have gotten her leg caught in the dog door? That has happened to more than one grey on here.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest azlorenz

Tansy had her wound checked and rebandaged tonight. Still looking good praise the Lord. I just want to take her and wrap her in bubble wrap. She's all I've got.