Hello Greytalk!

Guest AlaniJoi

Guest AlaniJoi

Hello everyone! My name is Alani Joi and I live in Miami, FL with my recently retired greyhound Sir ByeRun Bloo. My bud and I adopted eachother on September 26, 2010, and as you can imagine we have absolutely no idea what we're doing! LoL! I've become very passionate about greyhounds and I'd love to make a few friends on here! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Welcome Alani! LOVE your boys name! ByeRun! Lots of good advice to be had here, but the best-imo-is, just love on each other as much as you can! This is true for all manner of creature!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Welcome Alani Joi! I'm in Miami, too. Did you adopt Sir ByeRun from Friends of Greyhounds?

:welcome

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Welcome from Ontario!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome! So... your first GT assignment is to learn how to post pictures (there are instructions in the Technical section) so we can see your boy with the unusual name!

Everyone here is full of advice ;) -- just ask a particular question or two to get us going!

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest AlaniJoi

Welcome Alani Joi! I'm in Miami, too. Did you adopt Sir ByeRun from Friends of Greyhounds?

:welcome

Yep! I sure did! His racing name was "Al Igot Bottom" and if you wanna take a look at the Friends of Greyhounds website link, Michelle wrote a really nice blog about my handsome boy and my family! :)

Guest AlaniJoi

Welcome! So... your first GT assignment is to learn how to post pictures (there are instructions in the Technical section) so we can see your boy with the unusual name!

Everyone here is full of advice ;) -- just ask a particular question or two to get us going!

Thank you so much! It was so easy once I was told where to look! Here you go, a picture of my handsome boy!

Welcome from central Ohio. Wish I was with you right about now. It's getting cold up here.

Very handsome boy.

Ask this gang ANYTHING. Advice is freely given (I've begged quite a lot of it myself) and all anyone ever asks in return is PICS. :P

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest AlaniJoi

I'd like to thank everyone for being so nice! :)

Hello and welcome to GT from upstate NY. That is one handsome hound you have there!

Thank you!

Guest AlaniJoi

Welcome from Maryland! And beware - GT is addictive... as are greyhounds! :lol

You are so right! I've been on GreyTalk since I got home from work and I'm already planning on opening my heart and home to another grey! :)

I recognized the pup before I read your opening post (me thinkin that houndie looks awfully familiar!). Welcome to Greytalk and another welcome to the FoG family. Lee and I drooled over that boy the minute he got to the kennel and he is just an absolute lovebug. Hope to see you again at playtime at the kennels and we can help you pick out another!

Leslie

post-10392-010856600 1288145083_thumb.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest AlaniJoi

I recognized the pup before I read your opening post (me thinkin that houndie looks awfully familiar!). Welcome to Greytalk and another welcome to the FoG family. Lee and I drooled over that boy the minute he got to the kennel and he is just an absolute lovebug. Hope to see you again at playtime at the kennels and we can help you pick out another!

Leslie

post-10392-010856600 1288145083_thumb.jpg

Hi Leslie! I finally got up the nerve to create an account, I've been lurking on here for the past 3 weeks! LoL! I'm sure you'll see me again soon, I've been going to FoG every Sunday and helping out in the kennels and even thought I work most Saturdays I've been stopping by on my lunch breaks so that I can visit with all the fellas and gals! :)