Last Chemo For Charlie

Charlie's final Chemo is scheduled today at 1:45 EST and we are glad that he will be done with it even though he has not experienced ill effects. We are planning for him to be on Artemisinin and will be cycling this based on the regimen. Our question is what else can we do for him now? All cards are on the table and we have read that Dr. Coutu has stated Palladia has shown some promise in reducing lung mets. I believe Jane (JoeJoesmum) was recommended this by him. I know it's was originally to help treat mass cell but we are willing to give it a try as long as the side effects are not severe.

Any thoughts/experiences out there?

Tks.

Kyle

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Congratulations to Charlie. God Bless that boy! Cheering him on from here in RI!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I can't believe it's his last chemo! :yay Hope this one goes as smoothly as his last!

Check on the arte group, the general consensus there is that Palladia and arte should not be used together and there are some negative reports of the side effects of using it (alone). I know virtually nothing about it, just recalling what I remember seeing in passing.

I think you probably know and are already doing the other things I would recommend, namely just to serve the purpose of keeping his immune system up and working - fish oil in particular, anti-oxidants or a multi-vitamin given away from the arte (we use a pycnogenol/AO complex), and a mushroom extract. Lots of various ones out there - there's one commonly used by folks on the arte group that you can easily find reference to. We use something different - it's just Maitake extract, made by Grifon. I chose it because I found a published study about its ability to kill canine cancer cells in vitro, but it is pretty expensive ($50 for a bottle that lasts 1-2 months depending on the dosage).

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I don't have any experience with the Palladia, so I don't know what the side effects are there.

But great news that Charlie has completed his chemo without any problems - that's really awesome! :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:banana We're done! :pepper

He was a trooper like usual and loved his ice cream afterwards.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Vit B and C - a friend of ours had a tripod (osteo) live 3 years past amputation and also used "Arti" with a senior vitamin, b and c with fish oil too. Good job and we'll keep you in our thoughts