Brett Lee - Sire & Grandsire To Many Greyt Pups

Guest RedTigerJazz

Guest RedTigerJazz

Legendary Australian greyhound Brett Lee has passed away. The great tracker and sire had to be humanely put down on Sunday after suffering complications arising from an injury he sustained in the kennel area.

Owner Keith Pedrana confirmed the news on Sundays Catching Pen programme on Sky Racing when he said: Hes just done it through his whole career the fastest dog in the world but hes actually a better sire than he was a race dog so thats going to live on a long time for all of us. Sunday was a tough day for all of us, my family were very close to the dog.

Pedrana recalled the dogs final days: I let him out in the morning and he was running up and down in the yard and it must have been a bit dewey and hes slipped and done his shoulder. The vet wanted to put him down when he first suffered the injury but I just wanted to do everything I could for him to get him right but in the end it just wasnt to be. I thought I had a good three or four years left in him he would have turned 12 in January.

(reposted by permission from American Greyhounds forum)

I'm so sorry, he will leave his legacy and a few broken hearts.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh no...he is dylans sire..........

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

:gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I remember watch in Brett Lee on the internet just surfing Greyhound sites. He was an amazing famous dog. I remmeber saying to myself, I would LOVE to adopt him or someone adopt him to give him a wonderful loving life of comfort after working so very very hard for so many years. I see he never made it to adoption. But what a wonderful baby!!

Thanks for letting us know here.