Hi I'm New

Guest ChicagoCanine

Guest ChicagoCanine

Hello I'm new! I am looking to get a dog, so I don't have a sighthound now/yet (I have a Shepherd) but I came here to get more info and find out where to get the best products and things. I live in Chicago.

Edited by ChicagoCanine

Welcome, and good luck with your search!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Welcome. I live in the SW suburbs of Chicago. If you are in the city proper, there are a few groups that service the area. The largest and most prolific is probably Greyhounds Only. Other groups that you could also look into are GPA WI, Greyhounds America, REGAP of IL. There are two other groups that could use volunteers, but dont do direct adoptions and those are Greyhound Alliance and CIGA (Central Illinois Greyhound Adoption-they supply hounds to many groups in the midwest after medically rehab). I work with a few of the groups on a regular basis (adoption rep for GO, foster for CIGA, help raise funds for GA). If you are looking for locally produced greyhound related products, I would strongly suggest you attend one of the reunions that are put on by the groups locally.

GPA WI reunion:

•When : Saturday, October 23 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

•Where : Waukesha Expo Center

GO reunion:

Where:

Warren Park Field House

6601 N. Western Avenue

Chicago, IL.

When:

Sunday, November 7

9:30am - 3:30pm

Both groups will have collars, jackets, treats, and just about anything you can think of for greyhounds, or with greyhounds on them (blankets, stained glass, etc.). GO's reunion is specific about the canines that attend, they can only be a greyhound (did not have to be adopted through group, but they do have to be a greyhound). GPA WI I believe does not have this restriction as I have seen dobermans and other breeds at their reunion. I highly recommend attending either event if you are interested as there will be hundreds of hounds to pet and talk to the many owners.

One last thing, if you are looking for some really cool greyhound yard art, check out Ken's stuff (OMGiluvgreys). I own some and he's the best!

Chad

Welcome! Smart choice in going Grey!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest houndstooth4

Hello! We have a Shepherd and three Greyhounds! We're a bit to the south of you in the Peoria- Bloomington/Normal area! I hope you have good luck finding a hound!