Please Say A Prayer For Huey This Morning

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Update 8/13

Huey is breathing just fine today. No more , whatever it was. After the shot the vet gave him yesterday he only had a couple of minor episodes of snorts, backwards sneezing or whatever. He slept fine all night, but was not happy with the bath he had to take care of whatever the skin issue is. He tells his side of the story over in Off Topic if you are interested.

Thanks everyone. :)

Update 10;20am

Vet seems to think it is an allergy of some sort. The pollen has been real bad this year and he has seen several patients displaying the same symptoms. He also has a skin rah that has developed recently that I was going to have the vet check when I took him in for shots. The rash he thinks is something he may have physically come in contact with because it is just on his underside and not all over. So he gave him an antibiotic shot and some antibiotics to take for the next couple of weeks and a medicated shampoo with instructions to bathe him in it 2-3 times a week till to clear up the rash. I am to bring him back in a couple of weeks to see how things are going, unless it gets worse, then I am to bring him in sooner. If this doesn't work then we will do some blood work and x-rays if necessary. He is not displaying any problems right now so it is almost like if you have an allergy or something and it is really bad first thing in the morning and it clears up as the morning progresses. We will keep an eye on him and see how it goes.

Huey woke me up this morning with some really weird honking noises this morning. When I got to him it was almost like he was having trouble breathing. It is a lot like a continual backwards sneeze, if that makes any sense to you. As long as he lays quietly he is ok but as soon as he starts to move it starts. He got snitty with Monty yesterday and snarked at him and when he did Monty snarked back at him and hot him on his chin, I am wondering if he got him in his nasal cavity as well and we didn't see it. He seems to breath alright and it sounds like maybe a serious post nasal dip of some sort. The vet opens at 9, I will be waiting when they get there.

Say a prayer for my fat boy please.

:hope

Edited by greybookends

Oh no! Lots of prayers for your littlest one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Mine do this too, a "reverse sneeze." If it's the same thing, as disconcerting as it is our vet and my personal vet friend say not to worry. It usually lasts, I'm guessing, less than 30 seconds.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Prayers for Huey. I used to have a little one who would have spurts of doing that. Scared me the first time he did it but it was nothing serious. Hope it's the same with Huey.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greybookends

Mine do this too, a "reverse sneeze." If it's the same thing, as disconcerting as it is our vet and my personal vet friend say not to worry. It usually lasts, I'm guessing, less than 30 seconds.

This has been ongoing off and on since about 5:30 this morning. I have heard backwards sneezing before and it doesn't concern me. This is somehow different and I am concerned. He stands with his legs slayed and head down almost like he is gasping. He is due shots anyway and needs a nail trim so I will get it all done at the same time.

Holding good thoughts for Huey as we await an pupdate.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Sending good thoughts for Huey.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Feel better soon, Huey! :kiss2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France