Good Days And Bad Days

:( I'm sorry to hear. Sending prayers that the good days outnumber the bad, and that tomorrow will be a good one. Will you give him a scritch for me and tell him how handsome he is?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TeddysMom

I am so sorry. I have an aging pack and it seems that I go for a long time without incident then more than one begin failing. It is very heartbreaking. All you can do is enjoy the good days and make them comfortable on the bad ones. You and Valor will be in my thoughts and prayers for more good days than bad.

Guest MyBoys

I know how hard it is to watch as our much loved greys start to age,hoping from now on Valor's good day outnumber the bad days.

It's been a month since I lost my 11 year old galga Niña. Enjoy your time with Valor, both good days and bad. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

That's so hard when they start getting older. My Tracy will be 13 this week and she is definitely showing her age. She was just diagnosed with LP and the terrible heat we've been having in Virginia Beach lately is really taking a toll on her. Her back legs are also getting weaker so she pretty much just goes out to do her business and then it's back in the house. But she is still a very happy girl.

We love them so much and it is heartbreaking to see them getting older and weaker. I just know that we are giving them all the love we can.

Valor, my galgo is 12, he is failing. Some days are good and some days are bad, it is hard to watch.

Linda, Valor, Keeva and Bella

I know how hard it is. I hope he has more good ones than bad for a good while. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I too am hoping for more good days than bad for you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I love the oldies, but it is hard when they get to the point where they're going downhill and you see them take shorter walks and lose interest in things and find it hard to get up, etc. It's good to take time out to enjoy the moment when they're happy and content and you can just be with them. My oldies have always enjoyed that. I lie on the floor with my dogs too, and they seem so pleased! Of course, you can't do that with all of them - you have to know your dog.

It's also good sometimes to alter your perspective. You know you're going to lose them and it won't be long, and that's painful. But I try to look at the slowing down stage as part of life's plan. They are, in a sense, preparing themselves by gradually letting go of the things that chain them to this existence. It happens with people too - my mother is failing (she's 90 years old). She no longer goes out, unless it's a hospital appointment, or (very, very rarely) to a big, unmissable, social occasion - the last was, of course, her birthday party. She spends all day in front of the TV, talking on the phone or reading. Her world has shrunk, but she's still happy and content on a day to day basis, although her various pains distress her, of course, at times. The trick is to manage those manageable things and just ... go with the flow. That's how I deal with it, anyway. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Each day is a blessing. Hoping for many more good days than bad. grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I love the oldies, but it is hard when they get to the point where they're going downhill and you see them take shorter walks and lose interest in things and find it hard to get up, etc. It's good to take time out to enjoy the moment when they're happy and content and you can just be with them. My oldies have always enjoyed that. I lie on the floor with my dogs too, and they seem so pleased! Of course, you can't do that with all of them - you have to know your dog.

It's also good sometimes to alter your perspective. You know you're going to lose them and it won't be long, and that's painful. But I try to look at the slowing down stage as part of life's plan. They are, in a sense, preparing themselves by gradually letting go of the things that chain them to this existence. It happens with people too - my mother is failing (she's 90 years old). She no longer goes out, unless it's a hospital appointment, or (very, very rarely) to a big, unmissable, social occasion - the last was, of course, her birthday party. She spends all day in front of the TV, talking on the phone or reading. Her world has shrunk, but she's still happy and content on a day to day basis, although her various pains distress her, of course, at times. The trick is to manage those manageable things and just ... go with the flow. That's how I deal with it, anyway. :bighug

Wise words!