Not Really Sure Where To Put This

So my dynamic duo (both girls) met a pair of male Irish Setters on the beach yesterday. Each male paired off with my hounds and started, um, licking their girly parts. I know both my girls are spayed so I'm wondering what brought on that behavior? Are these setters just a pair of randy males? Are my stunning 9-yr-old and 4-yr-old just hot babes who can't be resisted? Inquiring minds want to know!

My dogs have been well-sniffed before but this was new. Guess they "got some!" :lol

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

Guest MyCody

OK, between your title and your subject, I had to LOL Those Irish lads are charmin rascals and it doesn't sound like your girls were mindin the attention!!! :)

I've had many a male greyhoundie lick or show interest in spayed female spayed girlie parts. My loaner gril will also snff and lick boy hound parts...and on more than a few instances yelled at two male dogs of whatever breed to "knock it off!"

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

My boys will sometimes do this to my girls. Seems to be a more thorough version of butt-sniffing. The girls don't seem to mind. Actually, now that I think of it, they will return the favor occasionally.

We're a happy household.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Normal dog behavior. I actually have to make my boys leave my girls alone. It cracks me up because the boys get excited and "chatter" when they're done or I call them off.:lol Typical males.:rolleyes:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

It's creepy. I've had a few un-neutered males do that to Capri when stopping to chat on walks. Prolonged sniffing doesn't bother me, but the licking seems way to embarrassingly sexual.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

I don't think any dog would dare try this with Holly, but I do remember one incident with my angel Bailey and what was really embarrassing was she started pogo-ing her back legs up and down, doing a nasty little dance...omg, that was embarrassing :lol

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Parsniptoast

eh-hem... my younger girl does it to the older girl quite often and seems to give her a bit of a 'lick and polish' while she's having a sniff

ooh-er :)

Guest 4dogscrazy

Geez! and I was worried about my Piper who is an excessive butt sniffer, to the point that humans are not exempt. I'll take the sniffing problem any day over...that!

Edited by 4dogscrazy

Guest greytlover

So my dynamic duo (both girls) met a pair of male Irish Setters on the beach yesterday. Each male paired off with my hounds and started, um, licking their girly parts. I know both my girls are spayed so I'm wondering what brought on that behavior? Are these setters just a pair of randy males? Are my stunning 9-yr-old and 4-yr-old just hot babes who can't be resisted? Inquiring minds want to know!

My dogs have been well-sniffed before but this was new. Guess they "got some!" :lol

My boys do this all the time, even mounting the girls, and they've all been fixed. Dont worry, they just havent lost that lovin feelin :)

My boys will sometimes do this to my girls. Seems to be a more thorough version of butt-sniffing. The girls don't seem to mind. Actually, now that I think of it, they will return the favor occasionally.

We're a happy household.

:lol

Sounds like our house! This morning I was brushing Brilly's teeth, and Wabi hopped up to the other end and started ... well, you know. Brilly tolerated both quite well. :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Hah! It takes two and even if they are all neutured they're most definitely not 'de-sexed' as far as greeting and investigative behaviour displays go. Angel, my last girl, would simply not allow just any old dog to come up and do that - they'd get a really deep 'Woof!" and back off smartish. Peggy, my current one, couldn't care less until they get too bossy and then they too get a "Woof!" but it's only set on stun rather than the 'death' 'Woof' like Angel used.

Depends too how long they've been neutered. But I remember an old Collie cross aged 15 who would still put on the full display of tail waving high and strutting about.