My Red Is Not Good (Long)

Thansk all smile.gif

Amy, I am 45 minutes from Fort Wayne and will be at NIVES tomorrow for the US. We are already consulting with Dr. Totten. She is amazing. She saved Moose last year. smile.gif Thanks for thinking of us. Just say some prayers tomorrow after 9 a.m. and it will help.

Today labwork: bilirubin, electrolites, and resting cortisol are all normal. Addisons is out. Results were faxed to Dr. T, the internist, for tomorrow.

Anne, I'm doing just that. I would call but I don't think I could hold it together to talk. I am tearing up just thinking about it. :sad

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hoping tomorrow brings you some news you can work with. Sending lots of hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Really hoping tomorrow brings you some news you can work with. Sending lots of hugs.

A BIG Ditto on that! SENDING HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOUR RED!

Guest vahoundlover

A BIG Ditto on that! SENDING HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOUR RED!

Triple it! Keeping Red in my prayers!!

Looks like lymphoma :sad

Red had a complete workup at the specialty clinic with the internist who took care of Moose. It looks like we are dealing with lymphoma. X-rays and ultra sound show Red's speen is huge and is pushing his stomach forward. He has ancathocytes (spikey blood cells). She did a needle aspration, a smear, and sent it to Purdue. We are waiting for confirmation, which should be in a couple of days. The internist said we could treat with prednisone. I spoke to my vet and we have decided to try it now -- before the results come back-- to try and get Red some relief. If the pred doesn't work, or if we cause his gut distress should he begin to eat, I will not let my boy suffer.

Thanks for all your prayers and support. This is so difficult. It helps to know you are praying and sending hugs.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better. Sending lots of hugs and hopes the pred will make him more comfortable.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Awe Tonya, I was so hoping that there would ba a fix for Mr. Red. He's such a very special boy and I know he's had a wonderful life with you and your family. It's better to know what's going on, even though the news isn't good. Big hugs to you and your DH and soft hugs and many many kisses to Red.

:grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I am so sad and sorry to read this. We were all hoping for a better report.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry, I was hoping for better news for you both. Hopefully the pred will give him some relief.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest SusanP

I'm so sorry that the news wasn't better. I hope the prednisone helps while you wait for the official report--at least you know what you are dealing with. But I'm very sad. :grouphug

I am typing this through my tears. Tonya just called me. Her daughter has been with Red all day, and called Tonya to ask her to come home right away. Red is bloated to the point where Tonya can't feel his ribs and has been unable to lie down all day. He's just been crying in pain all day. Red wanted to go for a walk, so they went for a walk, and he wants to go for a car ride, so they are leaving to go for Red's last car ride and his last trip to the vet. Tonya is devastated and I am devastated right along with her. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{Tonya}}}}}}}}}}

My thoughts are with you.