Prayers And Good Thoughts Needed Please

We came home from work yesterday, and we are not sure exactly what happened or how it could have happened but Aladdin had a huge cut or bite mark out of his neck. We took him to the emergency vet and they had to do surgery to repair the cut was very deep and tissue from the neck was out. The vet had to repair and stated their was also a lot of bruising. Our dogs are muzzled during the day but we do not crate, they have always got a long well and we have looked the house over and we can not find anything where Aladdin could have got cut. He has a drain and staples in the neck area. Any prayers for a fast recovery or positive thoughts would be appreciated. We just wish we knew how this could have happened?

Here is our poor baby we just got back home with him.

(Sorry the picture is not real good)

Aladdincut.jpg

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:goodluck

I hope he heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Poor boy. I wonder if it could have been caused by a toe nail, maybe in some rough play? Greyhounds have also been know to cause some pretty good damage, even with muzzles on. Hope he heals quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest goofydog

Sending wishes for a safe and uneventful recovery for Aladdin. Gentle scritches sweet boy.

eta: I can't spell

Edited by goofydog

Yikes, big guy! You're not gonna tell Mom how that happened, huh?

Please heal quickly, and be careful out there.

ETA 'Cause I can't spell either.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thanks so Much for the good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. ! I feel so bad for him!!!! :( He is in a lot of pain even though they have him on Tramadol HCL 50mg and a antibiotic Clavamox 250 mg. He keeps crying and I know the drain has to be uncomfortable. I just wish that I knew how this happened? I never thought about the toenail but they could be a good cause even though I just dremeled all their toenails. The doctors were just very concerned because it was in the throat area and their is a lot of bruising too. We go back on Saturday Morning for a follow up visit.I have to return to work tomorrow. I wish I could stay home with him more and the dogs will be all separated.

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

If it is any consolation, when Aquitaine was attacked a few weeks ago, the other dog caught her in the throat and the bruising was horrible. It did fade fairly quickly. She was also on Tramadol - 2 50 mg every 12 hours for the pain. Maybe he needs a bit more pain medication?

Keeping Alladin in my prayers.

:grouphug I know how devastating it is to come home to find a bleeding dog - and have no idea what happened!

Oh Alladin - get yourself better.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest TheUnrulyHound

is there any smaller sized place that maybe he could have stuck his head into to explore and gotten his muzzle caught? His resulting struggle to get free would explain the bruising and cut (especially if it is not a clean slice cut but jagged)

We finally got Aladdin in a postion that he felt a little bit more comfortable and stopped crying!!!!

AladdinHurts.jpg

Holly I have looked everywhere and checked spots I can't figure it out.... But we are continuing to see this house is bigger than our other one, the only think I can think of is the dining room table, he loves to go under there and there is some sharp edges from the leaf... But I see no hair...

darlenesiggy2.jpg

I hope he feels better soon. All the best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest krystolla

Aladdin: Feel better, big guy. Your people are worried about you!

I had the same sort of thing happen with one of my cats. He was my only cat at the time, and somehow managed to get a big cut across his rear end. I went all over our little apartment and couldn't find anything he could have cut himself on. And of course, being a cat, he managed to hide the injury for some unknown period of time (despite sleeping on my pillow). Serious guilt. He healed up fine after some stitches and antibiotics, but I still don't know what he did to cause the cut.

Things happen, I guess, that are secret from us poor humans.