Worried About Roscoe

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SusanP

I'm just reading this now...so glad the antibotics are doing something. Sending healing thoughts and hoping to hear more good news soon!

Roscoe! You want to tell everyone how you're feeling this morning?

Sure Momma.

downsized_0321001059a.jpg

Seeeeeeeeee...... Momma sez my skin is still loose butt there is very little sweling.

downsized_0321001052a.jpg

Eye woke Momma up at tenthurty this morning. Herb said eye must be feeling better becuz eye NEBER get up before herb. Herbs opened herbs I, and eye sed "Gud morning Momma! Time to get up!" and eye wagged my tale a lot! She sez my i's look gud and brite and eye em bushy taled.

downsized_0321001056a.jpg

We went ousside for potties and eye was acting normal herb sed. Eye ate my pills and brekkie and rolled in the carpet. Eye em feelin better ebryone!

downsized_0321001053b.jpg

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

You must feel so relieved! Fingers crossed for continued improvement -- he's looking great!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

WOW ROSCOE!! Look at you this morning!!! :clap

I am so so happy to see these greyt pictures of you today!! :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

That is awesome Lisa! I am no doctor but tumors don't just go away with antibiotics.

Keep it up Roscoe!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Question:

If this were tumors or cancer, would they 'disappear' like this?

I'm not sure about lymphoma, but if it were some other kind of solid cancer tumor - no, I really don't think so. Not without chemo or something, I don't think pred would do it (and I don't recall if Rosco is on a kind of pred). I wondered early on when the swelling started about parotiditis or a stone. (the parotids are the salivary glands). A stone would have shown on his film, and I didn't see it (not to say I saw much, but a stone, like bone reflects the rays while soft tissue absorbs them). But I unfortunately I can't imagine how this could be related to his eyes so while he looks terrific and I'm so glad something's working, he may have two different issues going on. :unsure

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest Energy11

He really looks good!

I seriously doubt tumors would disappear. Maybe it was an allergic reaction? Could have caused all of the symptoms, too!

Sending more good luck and prayers !

As others said already, tumors don't just disappear. It's possible that he had an allergic reaction, somewhat more likely that he had an infection *and* an allergic reaction to the first meds, and possible but not that likely that he had an infection secondary to a small tumor somewhere. I'm betting on the infection +/- allergic reaction and hoping you can get to the root of it so it doesn't recur.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow, what a difference! He's looking good and is obviously feeling a lot better!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:clap:clap Roscoe you look even BETTER than last Saturday. Antibiotics seem to be doing the trick, they would not have shrunk a tumor. If you are not zoning out anymore I would say you are feelin good and on the mend.

Lisa I think you can get off that roller-coaster now. :bounce8

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Roscoe, we're glad you're feeling better. But watch out for that bushy tail -- you might be coming down with collie-itis! ;)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Question:

If this were tumors or cancer, would they 'disappear' like this?

I had a Weimaraner with lymphoma, and when we first put him on doxycycline (and then prednisone), his tumors subsided quite a bit but I could still see and feel that his lymph nodes were enlarged. The tumors did not "disappear" until several weeks into chemo.

From what I can see of Roscoe and his improvement, it seems to me that the lymph nodes were enlarged due to infection, and when the antibiotics addressed the infection the swelling went down.

I am so glad that he has improved so much! Kisses to that sweet boy!!!

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin