Worried About Roscoe

Oh Lisa, I am hoping and praying that you receive good biopsy results next week.

Please give Roscoe a :kiss2 for me. I am sure he's enjoying his belly full of cheese.

Hang in there.

We're all here for you.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eaglflyt

We're praying for you and Roscoe. I'm really hoping it is something benign. One of our dachshunds had a similar episode in the exact area on her neck last year. Our vet aspirated the area with a large needle and found it to be an inflamed area that had abscessed. He did an incision & drainage, followed by drain placement and a course of antibiotics. She recovered fully and has no lasting effects. Our vet suspects she had a spider bite.

I hope your boy has a similar outcome.

:grouphug

Edited by eaglflyt

Lisa, I hope everything turns out okay with Roscoe. :hope We're offering up a lot of prayers for him here in Texas... :hope

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

One of the x-rays. I can't read this thing.. i don't see any masses.

xray.jpg

I'm sitting here watching Roscoe sleep. Poor boy is passed out. He's snoring. Any minute now he'll suddenly start gagging and snorting and hiccuping. All he wants to do is sleep, but this happens when he lays down and puts pressure on his throat. It takes him about 15 minutes to relax after that... to fall asleep again. I hope we have very few of those incidents tonight.

I really don't want to lose my boy. I love him so much.

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Just checking in this morning. I hope Roscoe (and you) had a good night. Keeping him in my thoughts. :goodluck:candle:goodluck:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thinking about you guys here, too, this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Morning all!

Much to my relief, Roscoe slept through the night (and morning!) with no 'snorting' incidents. He and I both slept like a rock, just woke up an hour ago. I'm pleased to say that my headache is gone, and Roscoe seems to be acting relatively normal. He gobbled down his peanut butter pills and breakfast, good pees and poops, and is now chilling out on his bead. His throat area looks better! The swelling has gone down by 50%.

:goodluck the antibiotics are kicking in.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest Smiley

That is GREAT news! I"ve been thinking of you both all morning! Good thoughts for more and more healing for Roscoe. Hugs to you both!

Guest LunaTygerCat

Yea! I am at work right now and I am just getting caught up...Hopefully the worst is behaind you guys! Still praying for you!