Cindy Needs A Chant

Guest greytbookert

Cindy, you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Get better little girl!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest greytbookert

No UTI :( but her urinalysis was perfect! Perfect kidney function, no bacteria, no nothing! The vet said that this is urine of a very healthy dog.... so I don't know why she is peeing so much...Maybe she just had to pee a lot yesterday... does anyone have any ideas?

Guest 4dogscrazy

She's come though so much already....it's a UTI....it's a UTI.....it's a UTI.......over and over till we find out for sure !!!

It's a UTI...UTI....UTI

sending white light from PA for the internet darling

woopsie...must read all the posts before replying...sorry no ideas :(

Edited by 4dogscrazy

Some of my girls have had UTI symptoms and negative tests--even on cultures--but responded to antibiotics.

There are other possiblities, of course. Was there any reason (stress? activity?) that she might have been drinking too much yesterday? Any change in food or treats? Is her tummy upset? (Minnie tended to drink a lot before her IBD was under control.)

How is she today?

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Monitor her water intake as best you can. See my note above re Zema. :)

I know you can't *really* monitor her water intake when you have more than one dog ... but you'll have a sense of how often you normally fill up the bowls and how full they are when you go for a rinse and refill. Deviation from that = the one who's peeing more is the one who's drinking more. At times I have put a measured amount of water in the bowls so I know how much is being drunk .......

Hopefully was just a one-time thing -- kibble at the bottom of the water bowl and she was trying to fish it out or some such.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We have had the same (and so have I, actually) with negative cultures - and responded to the antibiotics. Fingers crossed for Cindy, hoping she was just thirsty yesterday!

Linda

Spring-siggy-with-Hana.jpg
Angel Gary (Hallo Smoke'em 2000-2013), Angel Molly (Kiowa Mysticrule 1999-2011) Linda, Hana, Sultan

Guest greytbookert

I've been thinking and thinking and talking to lots of people about Cindy, since her UA came back clean. Yesterday, she didn't pee nearly as often or nearly as much. I think she might just have had a lot to drink the day before. She is acting normally, actually she is a little more active and honestly, a little more like the diva we all thought she would turn out to be :lol

I think I'll be watching her very closely these next couple of days to see if there ANY changes. I think we all know that I tend to be on the high side of the worry-meter :rolleyes:

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug

I find with the hounds, it is better to be on the high side of the worry meter. Sweet Cindy has proven that to be fact. Afterall, she is there as the result of no worry meter in her life before, so she can use all the worry we can muster. :lol :lol

Can you tell I am relieved that she is being the perfect DIVA she was always meant to be? :confetti

Guest Mom2Shiloh

We have had the same (and so have I, actually) with negative cultures - and responded to the antibiotics. Fingers crossed for Cindy, hoping she was just thirsty yesterday!

Linda

Have also had this.. of course as I type I realize I should read to the end before writing but, oh well my two cents....

We've had a couple of occasions in the family where a first urinalysis came out 'normal, nothing wrong' and a second one revealed an infection. Hoping things are resolving.. this is, after all, Cindy of whom we speak :wub:

Edited to say -- yup I knew I should have kept reading! But I am really glad you have an active worry-meter! :D Bless

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

I had one girly that hardly ever showed UTI in the spin test; they would have to culture it to find the UTI. Got to the point I could recognize the signs before the spin test would; also had to have Baytril to work. Other a/b just didn't cut it.

Connie

Guest greytbookert

Cindy has been acting fine the past 2 days, no excessive urination, nothing. Maybe she just drank too much that one day.... Of course, we're keeping a close eye on her, just in case but there is nothing alarming going on.

Edited by greytbookert

I'm tellin ya, she was mad that Dad didn't give her the pizza bone on Friday :P

WHAT??!?! Meanie :shakefinger

:P

Glad to hear she seems better!

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Glad to here that Ms Cindy is ok., it is so good that she has someone to worry over her now and of course she has her fan club too!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

If frequent urination reappears, you might want to investigate the effect that semi-starvation may have had upon her metabolism. Her body had to adapt its metabolism to stay alive, most likely, and those adaptations may still be present. So now that she has a normal diet and has gained weight, she may still be storing too much glucose and having diabetic-like responses. I say this because frequent urination is a symptom of diabetes.

I tried to find articles about this for you; but they're way too technical for my comprehension! Someone on GT probably knows something about this, and your vet surely could access the veterinary literature to study it.

Hugs to you and Cindy,

Mary

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).