Brandy Is At The E-Vet Tonight

Guest Energy11

Thank you for all the wishes of luck... she has not stopped crying and it's so distressing. I'm not sure how we're going to last until 2:20pm. DH thinks she looks a bit more responsive in her face (looking at you, etc) but I'm not seeing it. She hasn't really slept - she just won't stop crying aloud, but seems to stop when petted/touched. I tried to give her one of her favourite treats.. a chicken strip, and she tried to take it and her ears went up but she gave up before even chewing, like she couldn't work out how or she was too weak to. Like I said.. she's just a totally different dog to her usual self and not knowing what's up or if she'll get better is unbearable. I haven't slept or eaten for such a long time and I'm scared my stress may affect her recovery.

For anybody local - we're in the Carroll county area.

The crying out could be due to her limited/lack of sight. That is VERY scary for them. I saw it when I worked for my vet in Florida. ... TRY to relax, and don't worry until you have to. Curfew was totally limp and unresponsive when he went to the vets for his episode, and he is pretty much fine now. Good luck!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Carroll County. OK, you're quite a bit away from me, I'm in a DC suburb.

But I've been taking my boy to a Greyhound savvy vet nearer to you, in Reistertown, for his issues. He's the one my Greyhound Rescue, GPA-MD, uses as their expert. It's a big practice, and he's chief of staff.

Bill W. Benson, DVM

Advanced Veterinary Complex

501 E. Main Street

Reistertown, MD 21136

410-833-0500

www.advancedvetcomplex.com

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Thank you Energy11... I just hope with every part of me that she'll recover from this. I've never seen her at such a low point.

Does anybody near me have AIM or MSN? I feel stupid but I can't seem to find the PM feature..

It's a GreyTalk feature you can't use because you haven't posted enough here. It only opens up after like 60 posts.

I've only had my boy for 1.5 years, I don't know enough to really counsel you, just to provide some emotional support and a connection to the local Greyhound rescues.

But if you could post your e-mail we could contact you that way.

Edited by bigbrindlebunny

You don't have enough posts to PM (think you need 50) which is probably why you aren't seeing it.

I have just read through your entire thread - no advice, but tons of prayers and good thoughts streaming your way.

Will be watching for updates following your vet visit this afternoon. Hang in there! grouphug.gif

Sending more prayers.

Energy11 is right, a heavy blanket or a comforter folded will be strong enough for you and your husband to carry her out to the car. I wish I didn't know this first hand but it is a good thing to know.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Know that you are not alone.

Not sure if you're vet is like mine, but when I have an appt, and I'm really worried about the dog, I can show up early and they'll see me when they free up. Particularly if they are appearing to be in any kind of pain.

Sending prayers.

Edited by Jiffer

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Not sure if you're vet is like mine, but when I have an appt, and I'm really worried about the dog, I can show up early and they'll see me when they free up. Particularly if they are appearing to be in any kind of pain.

Sending prayers.

About 45 minutes until we leave for the appointment... she's quietly whining right now and seems to stop whenever petted.. and as I wrote this she finally closed her eyes (to sleep hopefully..) but luckily a member of the family offered to drive us there... DH's truck isn't the best for hound transportation as it's the two-seat kind.. if she starts screaming in pain like she was earlier... will definately take her earlier

OMG I'm so sorry you're both going through this! sending MANY prayers she gets better! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Energy11

Glad she calmed down. Because she stops when she is stroked, I would do this on the way to the vet, too. IF she isn't seeing properly, or at all, things ARE very scary. Your touch, reassures her, that she isn't alone.

PLEASE feel free to email me later, and yes, do keep us posted. You ARE NOT alone during this trip to the vet! WE are all her with you!'

Love and hugs! DEE

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Our hearts are with you. Please take the name and number of the Vet I posted here with you, in case your reg Vet would like to consult.

Glad she calmed down. Because she stops when she is stroked, I would do this on the way to the vet, too. IF she isn't seeing properly, or at all, things ARE very scary. Your touch, reassures her, that she isn't alone.

PLEASE feel free to email me later, and yes, do keep us posted. You ARE NOT alone during this trip to the vet! WE are all her with you!'

Love and hugs! DEE

Thank you.. I absolutely will, all of your kind words and support are massively appreciated :heart

We used to have a sweet brindle named Brandy, too. All the best that this will become a simple thing to fix and she will be fine, again. Prayers coming your way from central New Jersey.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

More thoughts and prayers coming your way... :kiss2 for that sweet baby, Brandy.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greytexplorer

starhound,

I know you are either at the vet or on your way there.

I just wanted you to know that I'm saying prayers for a good outcome.

Energy11 is right, keep stroking her head and whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

Your calm voice and touch does reassure her.

more hugs,

Pat

Guest trevdog

How scary and stressful....I agree with the others it sounds like a stroke, I'm surprised the evet didn't think of that....good luck at your regular vet.

And sending lots of prayers for a good outcome.