Today Is Huge Milestone

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest Downtownhoundz

I've had the boyz since September of last year and they have been so afraid of people, men especially ! Whenever my daughter's boyfriend comes over he has to sit on the sofa with a blanket over his head so the boyz will come downstairs and eat, go potty, etc. If they see him they run back up the stairs and whine! Even on walks, the boyz will react.

For the last few weeks they have been getting better at not running when they see him and today , Ben actually LET my daughter's BF PET him!!!!! Not only once but twice !!! Bernie is still a little shy yet ,but he actually accepted a mooshie from him!!! This is a HUGE deal here!!!! :confetti:confetti:confetti

WooHoo!!!! Great news! I love seeing the shy ones come out of their shells! It's so rewarding and encouraging!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It is such a GREYT feeling when your spooky dog or dogs take a step forward, your boys are surely heading in the right direction. I did however get a good laugh picturing your daughter's BF sitting on the sofa with a blanket over his head :lol he really is a good sport and hopefully they will all become friends.

Edited by MyBoys

yay.gifyay.gif How wonderful is that?! Watching those shy guys evolve is without a doubt the most heart meltingly joyful thing in the world yay.gifyay.gif

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

It's like watching a flower bloom, isn't it. :wub:

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".