My Poor Dinky-Doo (Echo)

Guest KennelMom

Guest 3greysinPA

Oh No... Echo... Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers... I am glad she is home already...

Praying for a quick recovery... and sending you and Echo a gentle hug. :grouphug:grouphug

Guest PhillyPups

Ouch!! Echo sweetie, you are still as beautiful as ever. :wub:

:shakefinger: Peannut it is not good to pierce your sister's ear. But question, does it taste just like chicken?

ETA with all the talk of notched ears, I wasn't sure if I had any, so just checked em all and no I don't as of now. ;lol

Edited by PhillyPups

Awe, poor baby, hope it heals quickly! I think my Lulu is the only hound I've ever had who has perfect, never been bitten ears! My Sweet Cali has only about 1/3 of one of her ears, it was that way when she came to me, adn I'm betting she'd tell Echo that it will give her character now!!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, poor little girly... I am glad they were able to do a nice job of cleaning it up.

Chelsa says: "Maybe it'll make you even faster!

Poor Miss Echo :( Glad to hear she's all fixed up! I bet that bled a lot! Sounds like you were there to quickly stop it. I know when Maggie-Mae nicked her ear it bled like someone was stabbed 30 times, blood all over...I didn't see her do it and did not know how long she had been bleeding!

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Guest longdoglady

Poor Echo, no wonder your feelings are bruised, even though it was only a warning snap gone wrong you must figure the punishment far out-weighed the crime, then to feel so bad after your anesthesia too :sad1 Just don't shake your head too hard for a while and forgive Peanut for her over-exuberance. :getwell

Guest KennelMom

Happy to report that Echo is back to her usual spunky self this morning!

Poor Miss Echo :( Glad to hear she's all fixed up! I bet that bled a lot! Sounds like you were there to quickly stop it. I know when Maggie-Mae nicked her ear it bled like someone was stabbed 30 times, blood all over...I didn't see her do it and did not know how long she had been bleeding!

Surprisingly, it really didn't bleed very much at all. In fact, we didn't wrap it for the drive to the vet and there's not a drop in the van anywhere. It just kinda slowly oozed blood. Weird, b/c as you know, small ear nicks tend to bleed like an artery has been struck!

Edited by KennelMom

Oh Echo, so sorry that happened. Anyway you now have a golden opportunity to play on your Moms sympathy for lots of treats and who needs a whole ear anyway? Ivy had to have part of hers removed too and it wasn't nothing to it. Hope you heal quick baby. Remember act pitiful so you get lots of sympathy and treats.wub.gif

I am so happy to hear that Echo is feeling good this morning.

Several years ago I came home to find some blood on the floor. I started checking all three hounds (before Lady) to see who had been hurt. Did not even see it at first, but then realized that Gizzy had dried blood on her neck. Then I saw her ear. Oh my goodness. Pretty much the entire top was degloved. It was a raw bloody mess. We found the missing piece rolled up on the living room area rug. Got her to the vet, and to be honest she was not even sure how to treat it.

Here is the right after we returned from the vet.

DSC03240.jpg

As it was healing. They did have to go back and unstick the end as it had healed folded over making a flap that could have caused problems.

DSC03261.jpg

Who says you can't bandage an ear?

DSC03562.jpg

And now - three years later. Some of the hair came back, the rest just scarred. Never gives her any trouble.

DSC02202.jpg

After this happened we started muzzling when we were not home, and never leave kongs stuffed with food anymore. We can't be sure, but we think that Riley trying to take everyone's peanut butter stuffed kong caused this incident. He is very food motivated.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm glad Echo is feeling chipper this morning. :) Let the healing continue!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She's home and doing OK. She woke up "really badly" from the anesthesia...

I'm glad Echo is doing well now. You might want to ask your vet what he used for anesthesia--and the "anesthetizing agent," I think it's called. If Echo needs anesthesia in the future--for a dental or something--you might want to consider her response this time when choosing how she'll be anesthetized the next time.

I only mention this because my Sam had a bad reaction to Ketamine on one dental, so we're careful that Ketamine isn't used on him any more.

2915067092_235a23d143.jpg

By the way, Sam wants to welcome Echo to the notched ear club. That was Sam's adoption picture, and I fell in love with that face.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest greytbookert

oh my goodness, how did I miss this! Poor Echo! I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better.

When our Annie had her ear degloved by an unknown offender and unknown circumstance (we were sleeping), it did the oozing blood thing too! We went through many bandage changes. The worst was when she'd shake her head it would start bleeding again. A sleeve from a long sleeve t-shirt around her head seemed to do the trick.

before surgery

100_2371.jpg

after surgery

100_2373.jpg

100_2382.jpg

It took awhile but the fur grew back and her ear went back to normal.

Owie!!; I'm so sorry, Heather! My Cody girl had her ears pre-chewed... they were both cropped (in different ways!) when I got her. Figured she got them in the way of other pups at some point! It did give her character!

Hope she heals up ;quickly!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest KennelMom

Wow! from some of these pics, we really got off easy! And I see Echo is in good company with all the handsome hounds in the Notched Ear Club ;)

Thanks for all the advice and support. I actually did end up finding the piece of ear. :eek Kinda gross, but I'm keeping it for posterity. Ken has one of Caesars canines that was removed during a dental and a large chunk of fur that come off Annie's head from a scab...what can I say, we're weird.

Guest eaglflyt

Owieeeeeee! Ouch!

I hope Echo heals quickly and that she doesn't feel bad about her smaller ear. I think she's beautiful!

Ady Bea wants Echo to know that she has a notched tongue with a little flappy bit that dangles. She says it gives character and adds to your beauty when you're not like everyone else. She also sends special greyhound hugs and cookies to Echo!

:cookie :cookie

Edited by eaglflyt