My Poor Dinky-Doo (Echo)

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

Long story short - was working out and dogs had bones in crates. Got done working out and picked up bones. Getting ready to head back up to the house and Peanut goes into a crate to make sure there were no goodies left laying around, Echo started to follow her in, Peanut got protective and snapped, Echo's ear got in the way and a large chunk was sheered off.

The vet just called and the ear is cleaned up and she's ready to come home after 3:30 today. Sigh. :( She should heal up fine...just a wee bit lighter than she was this morning. Surprisingly, her ego seemed a lot more bruised than her ear.

4328227376_078feb1283_o.jpg

4328227328_676c91bd80_o.jpg

4327494783_e6b0266380_o.jpg

4327494837_673ca00971_o.jpg

Oh poor Echo!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( ow ow ow ow OW!!!!! :(

I know exactly how you're feeling sweetie!!!! :kiss2 :kiss2 Hugs and kissies you heal up fast!!!! :bighug:kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh, I am so sorry. Poor girl. We went through almost the same thing hear though no crates were involved. A foster removed almost all the skin on the back of my old man's ear plus tore the cartilage. Poor old man was miserable until... we had to keep him confined to the kitchen to keep the youngest member of the pack from ministering to his wound with her tongue. Spending weeks in the kitchen with all the good food seemed to suit our old dude just fine. LOL I think he was actually disappointed when the xpen across the doorway was removed. It took a while but he healed just fine. That ear will never again fly at full mast but that's no biggie.

All the best to Echo. Luke strongly suggests you milk this situation for all the treats & yummy goods you can get... but away from Peanut.

Aww, poor baby :kiss2 Steak says the notched ears do give lots of character. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

OUCH!

Peanut, ya boob, what'd you do that for?

Heal quickly, Echo. :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest VelvetEars

I had a foster who bit Porsche at the base of her ear - tried to take the WHOLE ear off. she also bit Jane's neck, opened her up good. She was moved to another foster home after that.

Ears bleed a lot, and recover just fine. Kisses to Echo.

Guest BoogieDown

Oh, no! I hope she's feeling better in no time.

Echo, you are still as pretty as ever, even with a slightly smaller ear. Tango told me to tell you that you are invited to join her club of notch-eared girls.

Tango told me to tell you that you are invited to join her club of notch-eared girls.

Yep, Diamond is a member of this club, as well. Gabe has gotten her ear twice - through a muzzle, both times. Oy.

Poor, Echo. Hope her ear and her ego are feeling better soon.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest Energy11

OUCH!

Goldie did something similiar to Oakly, about four years ago. It wasn't as bad as Echo's, so I used Quik Stop, wrapped and bandaged the ear to his head, and he had a week's worth of antibiotics.

Glad Echo is okay! ... We TRY, but you can't watch them all the time.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

Poor baby. My boys were playing and Jesse got an accidental claw to the ear, ripped it all the way down. They do bleed a lot. Hope she heals up quickly. Such a pretty girl.

OUCHOUCHOUCH!!!

I hope Echo feels better--ear and pride--soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Peanut sure got her good on that ear :cry1

In Peanut's defense I think she figured OK, bones first, pigs ears second. She just grabbed what was available. Wonder if Peanut thought, yup tastes like Pig :gmark

Guest KennelMom

She's home and doing OK. She woke up "really badly" from the anesthesia :( and she's still pretty disoriented. BUT, the ear looks great! They did have to take off a bit of cartilage that was sticking out, but were able to clean it up nicely. It's noticeable but not OMG-WHAT-HAPPENED-TO-HER-EAR noticeable.

Never did find the missing ear piece. I told Peanut that saying a dog is a real sweetie is just a figure of speech! I do not need her to verify whether it's true :rolleyes:

Peanut sure got her good on that ear :cry1

In Peanut's defense I think she figured OK, bones first, pigs ears second. She just grabbed what was available. Wonder if Peanut thought, yup tastes like Pig :gmark

:lol Poor Nutter...she really is a sweetheart. I think this was just a $200 warning snap gone wrong :(

Poor Echo! That's quite a chunk! Hope she's feeling better. Treasure is missing some ear, also. It gives her character :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.