Does Your Greyhound Give Kisses?

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Greyhounds and Kisses  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Greyhound Give Kisses? Multiple Choice for Multiple Hounds.

• Yes, s/he will kiss anyone, any time!
    • Yes, but only me/family members
    • Occasionally, but not often
    • No, never
  2. 2. Is your kisser a male or a female?

• Male
    • Female
    • I don't have a kissing Greyhound
  3. 3. Does your Greyhound randomly lick your hands or arms, or feet?

• Yes, what a weirdo!
    • Only if I have just eaten or something
    • Nope, sure doesn't!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanut is my kisser. She will give other people she know kisses but saves most of them for me. She doesn't lick my hands etc just my face. The boys give occassional kisses but not often.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

All three of my girls are kissers, and Specky would happily polish your tonsils!!

Riley on the other hand has only given me two very gentle brief kisses in the three years that we have had him. Those were very precious kisses! He is a snuggler though, he loves to cuddle up with me and wrap his leg around me and share my pillow!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest TexasGreytMom

Dora has always been a kisser.

Shelby didn't at first, but now does after following Dora's lead.

We love it!

Our lab/chow mix was the licker - she'd lick our arms, face, feet, etc. So did our toy poodle.

Guest sorenkkg

I have to go to strange dogs for kisses :( Mine are sort of nosers, Aleeya in particular, likes to come up and smell your breath (and eventually might burp or sneeze on you).

My cousin's dog is a foot and leg licker (he's a mixed breed, lots of lab) and he's so sweet... I think he likes the salt.

There's a little white Westie we see when we walk (he's behind a fence, with his half brother) and Willie is a kisser... I have to bend down REAL LOW and he'll put his paws up on the fence, and stick his little muzzle through, and give me a kiss-- highlight of my day.

then there's a new puppy a few houses down-- he's getting big now, Cooper-- part GSD, Bernese, and Pyranese (OMG, he's going to be HUGE soon)... he BOUNDS over to the fence to beg Aleeya and Haka to play with him (no dice) then he jumps up and puts his paws on my arm (over the fence) and licks my hand and my face if I let him. He's so sweet, which is good, b/c he is maybe 1/3 the size he's going to get to, and he's got to be about Aleeya's size right now...

anyway-- I have to get my lovin outside of the house, b/c my hounds will only lick themselves, the floor, the couch, and their food bowls.

Jilly kisses and with her overbite sometimes it is also a scraping lol.gif. Jack never did and neither does Josh.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Milky Way is a huge kisser, noser, and snuggler with me. When it comes to other people he is a big leaner.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest BeakerBoy

Well we've had Beaker for three months and he certainly hasn't been a kisser yet. I think there's been one or maybe two occasions when he's licked me, but I think it was just because I was near his face when he happened to be licking his face anyway. He sniffs a lot, but never really kisses. Oh well-we love him anyway. :) It's kind of nice for visitors since not everyone appreciates dog kisses, so we never have to worry about him licking all over anyone-ha!

Guest PhillyPups

Zeus is a selective kisser (not everybody) but a leaning slut (he will lean on anyone). He gives gentle butterfly like kisses, so gentle. I always get a good night kiss from him.

AnnaBanana is a very selectuve kisser, not often, so they mean so much when she does. She is also a selective hugger. Will give me hugs and kisses together.

DonnieDude gives me lots of kisses and tries to stick his tongue down a throat. Probably looking for extra food. :lol

Gremlin give kisses, as with anything in life, on her terms, when and where she feels like it.

Moe is more timid, a result of lack of socialization for 10 years. She will run up, kiss my hand and if I lean over and pet her and look down, I might get lucky and get awuick kiss before she runs away. She does come stand by the bed an night and lean on me for scritches, which is a big step for her. :wub:

Frisby doesn't do kisses, but he will stick his nose in my face and give a nice big belch. :rolleyes:

Guest oldNELLIE

Nellie has never given kisses...she is a "noser" as some others have said. When she gets excited she will jump up and poke you with her nose :rolleyes: She also likes to sniff your lips or breath. But no tongue. What a lady! :lol

This is fine with me because I have never been one for dogs licking me. Also, she eats cat poop.

She also will lick our fingers sometimes...mostly after we have scratched her ears (yummy wax?) or if we are eating potato chips.

Arathorn's a consistent kisser. I have to warn people at M&Gs. Not everybody likes doggy smooches. I should get him a bandana that says something like this:

51043289v6_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

Guest SpicyMom

Love the idea for the T-shirt! My two will kiss anyone, anytime, anywhere. I usually get licked/kissed awake in the morning. Never have to wash the kids faces after a meal...and the cats think they've died and gone to heaven when the dogs lick their faces and ears. The only time it's a problem is with non-dog lovers or with toddlers - who apparently are smothered in an aphrodisiac (my guess is milk/cookie crumbs/snot).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fatesrelease

When we first got Sarah I was sad that she wouldn't give kisses but she is so comfortable now and when you say kiss! She'll kiss you. Or if you just make a kissy face she will. I <3 my grey kisses!

Guest LindsaySF

Honey kisses people's faces. She used to be very selective in her kissing, but now she's a little slut. :P I entered her in the kissing contest at our last picnic but she had performance anxiety! She peed instead. I kept saying no "kiss" not "piss"! :lol

Sooner licks hands and feet randomly. He doesn't kiss. Sophie, Teagan, and Cody will sniff your face intently, but no kisses.

Aidan and Clancy are licking machines. Every pit bull I've ever met has been! :)

Asta kisses just my husband and me, but I'm pretty sure she once kissed one of my nieces who stayed with us for a few days. So I think she'd kiss more people if she had time to get comfortable! We know she's extra happy/love-y when she adds a gentle nose nibble to her kissing technique.

Also, she wants to thoroughly lick my husband's hands when he comes home from work or a business trip. (He doesn't always let her.) She doesn't do this with me. It's their "thing." :)

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.

blue will give me a good couple of slurps once in a while, millie normally likes to just get her nose about an inch from my face and sniff tho on rare occasions i also get a quick tongue flick. both will lick hands that have just held (or are holding) food.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.