Devastating News - Apollo Has Osteo

Guest dwolfe711

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry to hear the news about Apollo. Give him a hug for me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest dwolfe711

Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes for Apollo. After coming home from the vet's on Wednesday and into Tuesday lunch he was pretty subdued - got up to go out and eat but otherwise just laid down. But I felt much better when I got home last night as he was waiting with Ellie and Ripley for me to open the door to the kitchen. He was much more himself and as animated as usual. He followed me around begging for dinner until I gave in and fed them all a bit earlier than usual. So he seems to be recovered from his trip to the vet and getting used to his new pain meds - no signs of any tummy upset so far. I took a day off today to get some things done around the house and get packed and quite honestly just to get some time at home with him before we leave for our trip tomorrow. He is his normal silly self and wants treats all day since I'm here to oblige - he's gotten a few!! He's followed me around part of the day so I'm sure he's feeling better. I feel much more comfortable about going for four days and leaving him - I think he'll be fine while we're gone and for some time after we get back. Any time we can get with him at this point is a blessing.

Thanks, again, it is wonderful to have the support of this board at times like this.

Donna

I'm sorry to hear your news :(

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest dwolfe711

We got back from New Orleans this evening and Apollo is doing really well. He really was happy to see us as were Ripley and Ellie! He seems to be feeling okay - he was jumping for his dinner as usual. We did some discussing while we were gone and we decided to send his story to Dr. Cuoto and I sent him an email tonight. Apollo's story might be an unusual one - osteo of the skull bone is a new one to us. Dr. C's input into his case might be helpful to us and others. Will keep you informed.

Donna

Hey, Donna, I hope you were able to enjoy New Orleans. It's good to get away, but I know you were glad to get back and see that he was doing well. Let's hope that trend continues! Please let us know what Dr. Couto thinks if you get in touch.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest greytexplorer

Apollo and Smiley,

ah am so sorree that u gotsa bad diagnosiks.

ah hopes u will bee allrite. kiss ur momma lots, she needs it, k?

lubs alwayz,

mandee n esster :paw